Zombies continue to creep into every corner of Hollywood, and now they’re getting their own convention. Todd Masters, an Emmy-winning visual effects artist, and Bruce Haring of JM Northern Media are putting on the “Aliens to Zombies” Convention at the Roosevelt Hotel just before Halloween. The Oct. 21-22 event is a celebration of monsters and their creators. Masters said the idea was hatched after years of attending genre conventions talking about the FX work that went into monster making. Confirmed participants include Dark Skies producer Bryce Zabel, Walking Dead actor Michael Rooker, and ADI Inc’s Oscar winners Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff Jr. One highlight will be the return of Masters’ annual “Monster-Makers Bash” costume party, attended by top FX artists. Early-bird registration continues until Saturday. Details can be found here.
Monsters Get Their Own Spinoff Convention
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake