EXCLUSIVE: Former latenight star Molly Shannon is heading to daytime. The Saturday Night Live alumna is joining CBS’ daytime talk show The Talk as a guest host for the month of September. When the show’s second season starts next Tuesday, Shannon will be sitting around the Talk table alongside returning hosts Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen and Sharon Osbourne and new addition Sheryl Underwood. Osbourne will be on tap for the start of the season but she is scheduled to take some time off in the fall, so Shannon may cross paths on the show with reality matriarch Kris Jenner who will be filling in for Osbourne. Shannon is a comedy actress like the 2 original Talk co-hosts, Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete, whose options were not renewed. But Shannon also has a strong live performance and improv background, having spent 6 years on SNL. And she fits into The Talk‘s theme of taking on current events from a mom’s perspective as she has 2 kids. Shannon, repped by Gersh and Framework, recently co-stared in the hit feature Bad Teacher and the musical Promises, Promises and did an arc on Glee. She also has a comedy project in the works at HBO.
Molly Shannon To Guest Host 'The Talk'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book