EXCLUSIVE: Former latenight star Molly Shannon is heading to daytime. The Saturday Night Live alumna is joining CBS’ daytime talk show The Talk as a guest host for the month of September. When the show’s second season starts next Tuesday, Shannon will be sitting around the Talk table alongside returning hosts Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen and Sharon Osbourne and new addition Sheryl Underwood. Osbourne will be on tap for the start of the season but she is scheduled to take some time off in the fall, so Shannon may cross paths on the show with reality matriarch Kris Jenner who will be filling in for Osbourne. Shannon is a comedy actress like the 2 original Talk co-hosts, Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete, whose options were not renewed. But Shannon also has a strong live performance and improv background, having spent 6 years on SNL. And she fits into The Talk‘s theme of taking on current events from a mom’s perspective as she has 2 kids. Shannon, repped by Gersh and Framework, recently co-stared in the hit feature Bad Teacher and the musical Promises, Promises and did an arc on Glee. She also has a comedy project in the works at HBO.
Molly Shannon To Guest Host 'The Talk'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
Latest TV News
- Apple Plans To Spend $1B For Video Content Over The Next Year: Report
- Prime Focus Condemns ‘Game Of Thrones’ Leak; Venice Adds Jean Rouch’s ‘Cousin, Cousine’; Camerimage To Honor Paul Hirsch – Global …
- Jimmy Kimmel: President Donald Trump Is Completely Unhinged
- Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday’s Bonkers Press Conference
- ‘Walking Dead’s Jeffrey Dean Morgan Says “F*** You” To Donald Trump Over Racism
- ‘Z: The Beginning of Everything’: Karl Gajdusek Joins As Showrunner For Season 2 Of Amazon Series