EXCLUSIVE: Former latenight star Molly Shannon is heading to daytime. The Saturday Night Live alumna is joining CBS’ daytime talk show The Talk as a guest host for the month of September. When the show’s second season starts next Tuesday, Shannon will be sitting around the Talk table alongside returning hosts Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen and Sharon Osbourne and new addition Sheryl Underwood. Osbourne will be on tap for the start of the season but she is scheduled to take some time off in the fall, so Shannon may cross paths on the show with reality matriarch Kris Jenner who will be filling in for Osbourne. Shannon is a comedy actress like the 2 original Talk co-hosts, Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete, whose options were not renewed. But Shannon also has a strong live performance and improv background, having spent 6 years on SNL. And she fits into The Talk‘s theme of taking on current events from a mom’s perspective as she has 2 kids. Shannon, repped by Gersh and Framework, recently co-stared in the hit feature Bad Teacher and the musical Promises, Promises and did an arc on Glee. She also has a comedy project in the works at HBO.
Molly Shannon To Guest Host 'The Talk'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Exhumes Animated Abe Lincoln To Critique Donald Trump’s Gettysburg Address
- ‘Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life’ Trailer: Lorelai, Emily, Rory & Stars Hollow Regulars
- AMC Networks’ Shares Come Alive On Big Ratings For ‘Walking Dead’
- Samantha Bee Blasts GOP For Its Donald Trump Handwringing After Debate 3
- CNN Hires Leyla Santiago As Mexico City Correspondent
- ‘Walking Dead’ Ratings Near All-Time High With Season 7 Debut & Thrashes NFL