Kelly Kapoor will stick around the office for a while. The Office co-star/co-executive producer Mindy Kaling has signed a new one-year deal with Universal Television to continue on the veteran NBC comedy — both as an actress, playing Kelly, and as a writer-producer. Under the new pact, Kaling will be elevated to executive producer on the show, which will be transitioning from previous star Steve Carell to new leading man James Spader this coming season. More from our sister site TVLine, which has the story.
Mindy Kaling Signs New 'Office' Deal
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'