Kelly Kapoor will stick around the office for a while. The Office co-star/co-executive producer Mindy Kaling has signed a new one-year deal with Universal Television to continue on the veteran NBC comedy — both as an actress, playing Kelly, and as a writer-producer. Under the new pact, Kaling will be elevated to executive producer on the show, which will be transitioning from previous star Steve Carell to new leading man James Spader this coming season. More from our sister site TVLine, which has the story.
Mindy Kaling Signs New 'Office' Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest TV News
- Univision Taps Steve Mandala To Run Ad Sales & Marketing
- ‘Salvation’ Ratings Down, ‘Carmichael’ Even & CBS Wins Night
- AMC Developing 1990s Chicago Drama Series From Ben Watkins With Ed Burns Set To Exec Produce & Co-Star
- Showtime Orders Boston 1990s Crime Drama Pilot From Ben Affleck & Matt Damon, Gavin O’Connor To Direct
- ‘Absentia’ Trailer: First Look At Stana Katic Crime Thriller On AXN
- ‘At Home With Amy Sedaris’ Gets Fall Premiere Date On truTV