Kelly Kapoor will stick around the office for a while. The Office co-star/co-executive producer Mindy Kaling has signed a new one-year deal with Universal Television to continue on the veteran NBC comedy — both as an actress, playing Kelly, and as a writer-producer. Under the new pact, Kaling will be elevated to executive producer on the show, which will be transitioning from previous star Steve Carell to new leading man James Spader this coming season. More from our sister site TVLine, which has the story.
Mindy Kaling Signs New 'Office' Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better