Meryl Streep, Neil Diamond, Yo-Yo Ma, Sonny Rollins and singer Barbara Cook will be feted at the 34th annual Kennedy Center Honors, which are set to be bestowed Dec. 4. CBS will broadcast the event Dec. 7; the network has aired the gala each year since George Stevens Jr. and Nick Vanoff created the event in 1978 — it is currently nominated for an Emmy for a fifth consecutive year. The timing couldn’t be more perfect for Streep to get a little national TV time: The Weinstein Company releases the Streep-starring The Iron Lady on Dec. 16, right in the wheelhouse of awards season. She is an early favorite to receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination for her role as British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
Meryl Streep Among Latest Recipients Of Kennedy Center Honors
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +104% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $73M 5-Day - Friday Night Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First