Meryl Streep, Neil Diamond, Yo-Yo Ma, Sonny Rollins and singer Barbara Cook will be feted at the 34th annual Kennedy Center Honors, which are set to be bestowed Dec. 4. CBS will broadcast the event Dec. 7; the network has aired the gala each year since George Stevens Jr. and Nick Vanoff created the event in 1978 — it is currently nominated for an Emmy for a fifth consecutive year. The timing couldn’t be more perfect for Streep to get a little national TV time: The Weinstein Company releases the Streep-starring The Iron Lady on Dec. 16, right in the wheelhouse of awards season. She is an early favorite to receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination for her role as British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
Meryl Streep Among Latest Recipients Of Kennedy Center Honors
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Jack Kesy As Villain: Could He Be Black Tom?
- Rob Reiner’s ‘LBJ’ Getting November Release From Electric Entertainment
- Pierce Brosnan Talks ‘Spinning Man’ On The Los Angeles Set – Cannes Market
- A24 & Picturehouse Partner For ‘A Ghost Story’ UK Release
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Trailer Depicts Young Peter Parker As Spidey-In-Making
- Final ‘Valerian’ Trailer Takes A Look At City Of A Thousand Planets