Meredith Vieira, who announced in May that she was retiring from her job as Today co-host and signed off in June, isn’t settled into her rocking chair just yet. NBC News said today that Vieira has been named a special correspondent on Rock Center With Brian Williams, the network’s new primetime newsmagazine hosted by NBC Nightly News anchor Williams that will premiere in midseason. As part of her new deal, Vieira also will contribute to Today, NBC Nightly News and other network programming including coverage of the 2012 London Olympics. NBC News president Steve Capus made the announcement today and said Vieira starts her job immediately. The network unveiled the name Rock Center this week; the hourlong show has Rome Hartman executive producing and Harry Smith and Kate Snow already aboard as correspondents.
Meredith Vieira Joins Brian Williams' NBC Primetime Newsmagazine
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast