Meredith Vieira, who announced in May that she was retiring from her job as Today co-host and signed off in June, isn’t settled into her rocking chair just yet. NBC News said today that Vieira has been named a special correspondent on Rock Center With Brian Williams, the network’s new primetime newsmagazine hosted by NBC Nightly News anchor Williams that will premiere in midseason. As part of her new deal, Vieira also will contribute to Today, NBC Nightly News and other network programming including coverage of the 2012 London Olympics. NBC News president Steve Capus made the announcement today and said Vieira starts her job immediately. The network unveiled the name Rock Center this week; the hourlong show has Rome Hartman executive producing and Harry Smith and Kate Snow already aboard as correspondents.
Meredith Vieira Joins Brian Williams' NBC Primetime Newsmagazine
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations