Meredith Vieira, who announced in May that she was retiring from her job as Today co-host and signed off in June, isn’t settled into her rocking chair just yet. NBC News said today that Vieira has been named a special correspondent on Rock Center With Brian Williams, the network’s new primetime newsmagazine hosted by NBC Nightly News anchor Williams that will premiere in midseason. As part of her new deal, Vieira also will contribute to Today, NBC Nightly News and other network programming including coverage of the 2012 London Olympics. NBC News president Steve Capus made the announcement today and said Vieira starts her job immediately. The network unveiled the name Rock Center this week; the hourlong show has Rome Hartman executive producing and Harry Smith and Kate Snow already aboard as correspondents.
Meredith Vieira Joins Brian Williams' NBC Primetime Newsmagazine
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- The Hillbillies Have Eyes In New ‘American Horror Story’ Season 6 Teasers
- Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: “First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America’s On A Roll!”
- Stephen Colbert Welcomes Comedy Central ‘Broad City’ Talent To ‘Late Show’
- Hillary Clinton Rips Donald Trump For “Bigotry & Bombast” In DNC Speech
- Hollywood Reacts To Hillary Clinton DNC Speech: Making History Leads Way Amid Jokes & Jibes
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love