EXCLUSIVE: Lifetime will not be ordering a second season of The Protector, the freshman drama starring Ally Walker as single mother Gloria Shepherd, who juggles her demanding personal and professional lives raising two children while working as a Los Angeles Police Department homicide detective. The Protector got off to a soft start in June, drawing 1.9 million viewers for its premiere and holding onto 50% of its Army Wives lead-in. It never picked up steam. The Protector was one of two new drama series Lifetime launched this summer. The second, Against the Wall, is still airing its freshman season.
Lifetime Cancels Drama 'The Protector'
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'