EXCLUSIVE: Lifetime will not be ordering a second season of The Protector, the freshman drama starring Ally Walker as single mother Gloria Shepherd, who juggles her demanding personal and professional lives raising two children while working as a Los Angeles Police Department homicide detective. The Protector got off to a soft start in June, drawing 1.9 million viewers for its premiere and holding onto 50% of its Army Wives lead-in. It never picked up steam. The Protector was one of two new drama series Lifetime launched this summer. The second, Against the Wall, is still airing its freshman season.
Lifetime Cancels Drama 'The Protector'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations