EXCLUSIVE: Lifetime will not be ordering a second season of The Protector, the freshman drama starring Ally Walker as single mother Gloria Shepherd, who juggles her demanding personal and professional lives raising two children while working as a Los Angeles Police Department homicide detective. The Protector got off to a soft start in June, drawing 1.9 million viewers for its premiere and holding onto 50% of its Army Wives lead-in. It never picked up steam. The Protector was one of two new drama series Lifetime launched this summer. The second, Against the Wall, is still airing its freshman season.
Lifetime Cancels Drama 'The Protector'
What's Hot on Deadline
'I Feel Pretty' Takes In $1M, 'Super Troopers 2' Tickets Strong $1.35M, 'Traffik' With $225K In Thursday Previews
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Latest TV News
- ‘Modern Family’ EP Vali Chandrasekaran Inks New Overall Deal With 20th TV
- Tina Fey Talks ’30 Rock’ Reboot Rumors With Jimmy Fallon
- ‘Friday Night Lights’: All Five Seasons Now Live On Hulu
- Slate PR Promotes 10 Across Team
- CBS All Access Lands Muhammad Ali Event Series ‘8 Fights’ For Development With Morgan Freeman Producing
- MTV Orders ‘Too Stupid To Die’ Prank Series From Former MTV Chief Van Toffler