EXCLUSIVE: Lifetime will not be ordering a second season of The Protector, the freshman drama starring Ally Walker as single mother Gloria Shepherd, who juggles her demanding personal and professional lives raising two children while working as a Los Angeles Police Department homicide detective. The Protector got off to a soft start in June, drawing 1.9 million viewers for its premiere and holding onto 50% of its Army Wives lead-in. It never picked up steam. The Protector was one of two new drama series Lifetime launched this summer. The second, Against the Wall, is still airing its freshman season.
Lifetime Cancels Drama 'The Protector'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’…
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Star Yvonne Strahovski: “Women's Rights Are Human Rights”…
- Erin Moran: “We Did Our Best”, Says Child Actor Advocate Paul Petersen
- Ex-Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Says Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her
- Bill O’Reilly Sets Podcast Return For Monday