EXCLUSIVE: Lifetime will not be ordering a second season of The Protector, the freshman drama starring Ally Walker as single mother Gloria Shepherd, who juggles her demanding personal and professional lives raising two children while working as a Los Angeles Police Department homicide detective. The Protector got off to a soft start in June, drawing 1.9 million viewers for its premiere and holding onto 50% of its Army Wives lead-in. It never picked up steam. The Protector was one of two new drama series Lifetime launched this summer. The second, Against the Wall, is still airing its freshman season.
Lifetime Cancels Drama 'The Protector'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'