EXCLUSIVE: Lifetime will not be ordering a second season of The Protector, the freshman drama starring Ally Walker as single mother Gloria Shepherd, who juggles her demanding personal and professional lives raising two children while working as a Los Angeles Police Department homicide detective. The Protector got off to a soft start in June, drawing 1.9 million viewers for its premiere and holding onto 50% of its Army Wives lead-in. It never picked up steam. The Protector was one of two new drama series Lifetime launched this summer. The second, Against the Wall, is still airing its freshman season.
Lifetime Cancels Drama 'The Protector'
What's Hot on Deadline
Lionsgate Standing Strongly Behind 'Nashville' And Looks To 'Power Rangers' As Long-Lasting Franchise
Latest TV News
- Fox Taps Craig Kurland As EVP Business Affairs
- ‘Maya & Marty’: NBC Sets Big-Name Guests For Variety Series Premiere
- Esquire Rides With Motorcycle Build Competition Series For Fall
- ‘Nashville’ Signs Off ABC With 10-Week High, ‘Wayward Pines’ Slow Burner In S2 Start
- Whitney Berry Joins Bungalow|Storied Media As SVP Development & Production
- ‘The Little Prince’ Gets Netflix Release Date & New Trailer