CBS has bought Legacy, a drama project from Jericho co-creator Jonathan E. Steinberg, DreamWorks TV and author James Frey’s book-packaging company Full Fathom Five. The project has received a script commitment plus penalty from the network and has been laid off at CBS TV Studios. It centers on a one-term president who goes back to work at his hometown law firm where he hand-picks the cases that really matter to him. Steinberg, who will write the script, is executive producing with Frey, Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. The idea for the project was generated by A Million Little Pieces author Frey’s IP company, which focuses mostly on young-adult fiction. Six months ago, Frey came to Los Angeles to pitch the company’s catalog, and WME — which reps him, DreamWorks TV and Steinberg — got them together to develop Legacy. The project was pitched directly to the networks, landing at CBS. In addition to Legacy, Steinberg has a Beauty and the Beast reboot in the works at ABC/ABC Studios this development season. It combines elements of the classic fairy tale and fantasy world aspects a la Game of Thrones. Steinberg most recently developed Fox’s drama Human Target based on the comic book. DreamWorks TV recently sold drama Raiding Party to Fox and also has The Americans and Under the Dome in the works at FX and Showtime, respectively.
Legal Drama About Ex-U.S. President Lands At CBS With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- David Cross Latest ‘Arrested Development’ Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show’s UK Press…
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- ‘Cobra Kai’: Martin Kove Becomes Series Regular For Season 2 Of YouTube Show
- ‘Big Little Lies’: P.J. Byrne Set For Season 2 Return
- ‘American Princess’: Lesley Ann Warren & Max Ehrich Set To Recur In Lifetime Series
- Actors’ Equity Re-Elects Kate Shindle As President