CBS has bought Legacy, a drama project from Jericho co-creator Jonathan E. Steinberg, DreamWorks TV and author James Frey’s book-packaging company Full Fathom Five. The project has received a script commitment plus penalty from the network and has been laid off at CBS TV Studios. It centers on a one-term president who goes back to work at his hometown law firm where he hand-picks the cases that really matter to him. Steinberg, who will write the script, is executive producing with Frey, Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. The idea for the project was generated by A Million Little Pieces author Frey’s IP company, which focuses mostly on young-adult fiction. Six months ago, Frey came to Los Angeles to pitch the company’s catalog, and WME — which reps him, DreamWorks TV and Steinberg — got them together to develop Legacy. The project was pitched directly to the networks, landing at CBS. In addition to Legacy, Steinberg has a Beauty and the Beast reboot in the works at ABC/ABC Studios this development season. It combines elements of the classic fairy tale and fantasy world aspects a la Game of Thrones. Steinberg most recently developed Fox’s drama Human Target based on the comic book. DreamWorks TV recently sold drama Raiding Party to Fox and also has The Americans and Under the Dome in the works at FX and Showtime, respectively.
Legal Drama About Ex-U.S. President Lands At CBS With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon Invites Transgender Comedian To Ding Donald Trump’s Military Ban On ‘Tonight Show’
- ‘Comrade Detective’ Trailer: Channing Tatum & Joe Gordon-Levitt Go Full Cold War In Amazon Spoof
- Tegna & TV One Set Daily Talk Show ‘Sister Circle’ For September Premiere
- Stephen Colbert Blasts Donald Trump For Firing Transgender Troops By Tweet
- NBCU’s Steve Burke Is “Skeptical” About OTT, Crows About Upfront Sales
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Helps Comcast Top Q2 Earnings Expectations, Video Subs Lag