The seemingly nightly Republican presidential candidate debates on the cable news networks have started to pick up traction in the ratings as the storylines among the major players begin to emerge (i.e., as Rick Perry and Mitt Romney distance themselves from the pack as frontrunners). Last night’s Fox News/Google debate on Fox News Channel was the year’s most-watched debate yet, averaging 6.1 million total viewers and 1.7 million viewers in the key 25-54 demographic for its 9-11 PM ET time slot. That’s especially impressive as it beat the viewership numbers of several new series airing on the competing broadcast networks during premiere week including NBC’s Prime Suspect.
Latest GOP Debate Hits Ratings High
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016