The seemingly nightly Republican presidential candidate debates on the cable news networks have started to pick up traction in the ratings as the storylines among the major players begin to emerge (i.e., as Rick Perry and Mitt Romney distance themselves from the pack as frontrunners). Last night’s Fox News/Google debate on Fox News Channel was the year’s most-watched debate yet, averaging 6.1 million total viewers and 1.7 million viewers in the key 25-54 demographic for its 9-11 PM ET time slot. That’s especially impressive as it beat the viewership numbers of several new series airing on the competing broadcast networks during premiere week including NBC’s Prime Suspect.
Latest GOP Debate Hits Ratings High
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years