The seemingly nightly Republican presidential candidate debates on the cable news networks have started to pick up traction in the ratings as the storylines among the major players begin to emerge (i.e., as Rick Perry and Mitt Romney distance themselves from the pack as frontrunners). Last night’s Fox News/Google debate on Fox News Channel was the year’s most-watched debate yet, averaging 6.1 million total viewers and 1.7 million viewers in the key 25-54 demographic for its 9-11 PM ET time slot. That’s especially impressive as it beat the viewership numbers of several new series airing on the competing broadcast networks during premiere week including NBC’s Prime Suspect.
Latest GOP Debate Hits Ratings High
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara