The seemingly nightly Republican presidential candidate debates on the cable news networks have started to pick up traction in the ratings as the storylines among the major players begin to emerge (i.e., as Rick Perry and Mitt Romney distance themselves from the pack as frontrunners). Last night’s Fox News/Google debate on Fox News Channel was the year’s most-watched debate yet, averaging 6.1 million total viewers and 1.7 million viewers in the key 25-54 demographic for its 9-11 PM ET time slot. That’s especially impressive as it beat the viewership numbers of several new series airing on the competing broadcast networks during premiere week including NBC’s Prime Suspect.
Latest GOP Debate Hits Ratings High
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions