Kino Lorber has acquired U.S. rights to the Juliette Binoche-starrer Elles, which had its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival this month. The deal for the taboo-pushing film from Polish director Malgoska Szumowska was negotiated by Kino Lorber president and CEO Richard Lorber and Tanja Meissner, who heads international sales and acquisitions at Memento Films International. The film stars Binoche as a wealthy, Paris-based investigative journalist for Elle magazine who begins to question her own life and beliefs while interviewing two students for an article about university prostitution. Kino Lorber is eyeing an early 2012 release.
Kino Lorber Picks Up Toronto Title 'Elles'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- WWE, Gene Simmons Tag-Team To Launch Horror Label
- Matthew McConaughey Has Taste For ‘Billionaire’s Vinegar’
- Tommy Gargotta Tops Theatrical Marketing At Relativity EuropaCorp Distribution
- Michael Keaton Starrer ‘The Founder’ Gets Release Date; Focus World Rounds Out 2015 Slate
- Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short ‘Sundays’ Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
- Oscars: Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Not Returning In 2016; Academy Starts New Producer Search