Kino Lorber has acquired U.S. rights to the Juliette Binoche-starrer Elles, which had its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival this month. The deal for the taboo-pushing film from Polish director Malgoska Szumowska was negotiated by Kino Lorber president and CEO Richard Lorber and Tanja Meissner, who heads international sales and acquisitions at Memento Films International. The film stars Binoche as a wealthy, Paris-based investigative journalist for Elle magazine who begins to question her own life and beliefs while interviewing two students for an article about university prostitution. Kino Lorber is eyeing an early 2012 release.
Kino Lorber Picks Up Toronto Title 'Elles'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Morgan Spurlock’s Warrior Poets Teams With ABG For Strategic Brand Partnership
- ‘Point Break’s China World Premiere Is First Of Its Kind – Photos
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ And ‘Spectre’ Boost Pinewood Profits
- Oscar Winner Chris Terrio Returning To CAA
- Gotham Awards Winners List – ‘Spotlight’, ‘Tangerine’, ‘Diary’ And More
- Gotham Awards 2015 Live Blog – ‘Spotlight’ Leads With Wins Including Best Feature