Kino Lorber has acquired U.S. rights to the Juliette Binoche-starrer Elles, which had its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival this month. The deal for the taboo-pushing film from Polish director Malgoska Szumowska was negotiated by Kino Lorber president and CEO Richard Lorber and Tanja Meissner, who heads international sales and acquisitions at Memento Films International. The film stars Binoche as a wealthy, Paris-based investigative journalist for Elle magazine who begins to question her own life and beliefs while interviewing two students for an article about university prostitution. Kino Lorber is eyeing an early 2012 release.
Kino Lorber Picks Up Toronto Title 'Elles'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Warner Bros Plans Buyouts, Potential Layoffs
- Hot TV Teaser: 'Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 2
- Disney Defrosts New 'Frozen' Short For 2015
- R.I.P. Music Executive & Producer David Anderle
- History's 'Houdini' Locks Up 3.7M On First Night; 'Saved By The Bell' Pic Soft
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero' Adds Cast