Kino Lorber has acquired U.S. rights to the Juliette Binoche-starrer Elles, which had its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival this month. The deal for the taboo-pushing film from Polish director Malgoska Szumowska was negotiated by Kino Lorber president and CEO Richard Lorber and Tanja Meissner, who heads international sales and acquisitions at Memento Films International. The film stars Binoche as a wealthy, Paris-based investigative journalist for Elle magazine who begins to question her own life and beliefs while interviewing two students for an article about university prostitution. Kino Lorber is eyeing an early 2012 release.
Kino Lorber Picks Up Toronto Title 'Elles'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel Gets A Title
- Jennifer Lopez Boards STX’s ‘Second Act’ With Director Peter Segal
- ‘Stronger’ Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal Takes First Steps In Boston Bombing Drama
- Netflix Sets Gillian Jacobs, Vanessa Bayer & Phoebe Robinson For Gary Sanchez Comedy ‘Ibiza’
- Samuel Goldwyn & Orion Acquire SXSW Pic ‘Maya Dardel’
- The Guardian Sets Storied Media Group To Broker Film & TV Deals