Kino Lorber has acquired U.S. rights to the Juliette Binoche-starrer Elles, which had its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival this month. The deal for the taboo-pushing film from Polish director Malgoska Szumowska was negotiated by Kino Lorber president and CEO Richard Lorber and Tanja Meissner, who heads international sales and acquisitions at Memento Films International. The film stars Binoche as a wealthy, Paris-based investigative journalist for Elle magazine who begins to question her own life and beliefs while interviewing two students for an article about university prostitution. Kino Lorber is eyeing an early 2012 release.
Kino Lorber Picks Up Toronto Title 'Elles'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'American Dad!' Moves to TBS; 2.5 Million Follow
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Tackles Sports And Domestic Violence
- 'Z Nation' Renewed For Second Season On Syfy
- Warner Bros Shifts 'San Andreas' Release To May 29
- CBS To Launch Classic TV Digital Channel
- 'Drug Lord: The Legend Of Shorty' Docu Set For Fall Release