EXCLUSIVE: In a rare feat for a female showrunner, Kari Lizer has landed a second project with a major commitment this season. I hear that ABC has nabbed a multi-camera comedy from the New Adventures Of Old Christine creator with a put pilot commitment. The project centers on a powerful female executive who suddenly finds herself as a stay-at-home mom with 3 teenage kids and has no idea how that works. Upon completion of the deal between ABC and Warner Bros. TV Lizer, who has 3 teen kids herself, will write and executive produce the untitled comedy. WBTV, where Lizer is under an overall deal, will co-produce with Lizer’s banner Kari’s Logo Goes Here. The pact at ABC comes on the heels of another Lizer multi-camera Lady Friends, sparking a bidding war before landing at NBC with a put pilot commitment. Will & Grace alum Lizer, whose every script to date has been picked up to pilot, is repped by Scott Schwartz.
Kari Lizer Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016