EXCLUSIVE: In a rare feat for a female showrunner, Kari Lizer has landed a second project with a major commitment this season. I hear that ABC has nabbed a multi-camera comedy from the New Adventures Of Old Christine creator with a put pilot commitment. The project centers on a powerful female executive who suddenly finds herself as a stay-at-home mom with 3 teenage kids and has no idea how that works. Upon completion of the deal between ABC and Warner Bros. TV Lizer, who has 3 teen kids herself, will write and executive produce the untitled comedy. WBTV, where Lizer is under an overall deal, will co-produce with Lizer’s banner Kari’s Logo Goes Here. The pact at ABC comes on the heels of another Lizer multi-camera Lady Friends, sparking a bidding war before landing at NBC with a put pilot commitment. Will & Grace alum Lizer, whose every script to date has been picked up to pilot, is repped by Scott Schwartz.
Kari Lizer Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Put Pilot Commitment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over