EXCLUSIVE: In a rare feat for a female showrunner, Kari Lizer has landed a second project with a major commitment this season. I hear that ABC has nabbed a multi-camera comedy from the New Adventures Of Old Christine creator with a put pilot commitment. The project centers on a powerful female executive who suddenly finds herself as a stay-at-home mom with 3 teenage kids and has no idea how that works. Upon completion of the deal between ABC and Warner Bros. TV Lizer, who has 3 teen kids herself, will write and executive produce the untitled comedy. WBTV, where Lizer is under an overall deal, will co-produce with Lizer’s banner Kari’s Logo Goes Here. The pact at ABC comes on the heels of another Lizer multi-camera Lady Friends, sparking a bidding war before landing at NBC with a put pilot commitment. Will & Grace alum Lizer, whose every script to date has been picked up to pilot, is repped by Scott Schwartz.
Kari Lizer Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Exits, Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016
- ‘Roots’ Opens With Cable’s Biggest Overall Miniseries Audience In 3 Years
- ‘Legion’: FX Picks Up Marvel’s X-Men Pilot Starring Dan Stevens To Series