EXCLUSIVE: In a rare feat for a female showrunner, Kari Lizer has landed a second project with a major commitment this season. I hear that ABC has nabbed a multi-camera comedy from the New Adventures Of Old Christine creator with a put pilot commitment. The project centers on a powerful female executive who suddenly finds herself as a stay-at-home mom with 3 teenage kids and has no idea how that works. Upon completion of the deal between ABC and Warner Bros. TV Lizer, who has 3 teen kids herself, will write and executive produce the untitled comedy. WBTV, where Lizer is under an overall deal, will co-produce with Lizer’s banner Kari’s Logo Goes Here. The pact at ABC comes on the heels of another Lizer multi-camera Lady Friends, sparking a bidding war before landing at NBC with a put pilot commitment. Will & Grace alum Lizer, whose every script to date has been picked up to pilot, is repped by Scott Schwartz.
Kari Lizer Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book