Fox is adding more big-screen star power to new comedy series New Girl, which is toplined by indie darling Zooey Deschanel. In his first major TV role since his breakthrough gig on NBC’s Ed, Justin Long has signed on for a 3-episode arc opposite Deschanel on New Girl. The 20th TV-produced series centers on Jess (Deschanel), an offbeat and adorable girl in her late 20s who, after a bad breakup, moves in with three single guys. Starting with Episode 6, Long will play Paul, a music teacher and Jess’ love interest. The casting stems from Long’s longstanding relationship with New Girl creator/executive producer Liz Meriwether. After his co-starring role on the NBC dramedy Ed, Long switched to features full-time (and those Mac-PC commercials). His only notable TV series appearances since was in an 2006 episode of That ’70s Show, which, like New Girl, aired on Fox.
Justin Long To Do Arc On Fox's New Comedy 'New Girl'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest TV News
- Disney-Fox Deal: Murdoch Says No Loyalty To TV Networks, Only “Must See Fox News”
- New Netflix Doc Series Tackle Corporate Greed & Food Biz Corruption: Premiere Dates Set For ‘Dirty Money’ And ‘Rotten…
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars’ Gets Season 3 Premiere Date On VH1
- Disney-Fox Deal: Bob Iger Discusses Digital Future, Hulu and $2B Cost Savings
- Disney-Fox Deal: Sky Deal Still On The Table, Expected To Close By June 2018
- Disney Sets Deal To Acquire Most Of Fox, A Game-Changing Deal That Will Redraw Hollywood Landscape