Fox is adding more big-screen star power to new comedy series New Girl, which is toplined by indie darling Zooey Deschanel. In his first major TV role since his breakthrough gig on NBC’s Ed, Justin Long has signed on for a 3-episode arc opposite Deschanel on New Girl. The 20th TV-produced series centers on Jess (Deschanel), an offbeat and adorable girl in her late 20s who, after a bad breakup, moves in with three single guys. Starting with Episode 6, Long will play Paul, a music teacher and Jess’ love interest. The casting stems from Long’s longstanding relationship with New Girl creator/executive producer Liz Meriwether. After his co-starring role on the NBC dramedy Ed, Long switched to features full-time (and those Mac-PC commercials). His only notable TV series appearances since was in an 2006 episode of That ’70s Show, which, like New Girl, aired on Fox.
Justin Long To Do Arc On Fox's New Comedy 'New Girl'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ‘Z: The Beginning of Everything’ Star Christina Ricci On Presenting Zelda Fitzgerald’s Full Humanity
- WGA: “The Cost Of Settling Is Reasonable”
- ‘Big Bang Theory’ & ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Rise In Adjusted Ratings, ‘The Catch’ Down…
- Eden Gaha Exiting As Head Of Unscripted At Endemol Shine North America
- ‘Sweet/Vicious’ Canceled By MTV After One Season
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.