Fox is adding more big-screen star power to new comedy series New Girl, which is toplined by indie darling Zooey Deschanel. In his first major TV role since his breakthrough gig on NBC’s Ed, Justin Long has signed on for a 3-episode arc opposite Deschanel on New Girl. The 20th TV-produced series centers on Jess (Deschanel), an offbeat and adorable girl in her late 20s who, after a bad breakup, moves in with three single guys. Starting with Episode 6, Long will play Paul, a music teacher and Jess’ love interest. The casting stems from Long’s longstanding relationship with New Girl creator/executive producer Liz Meriwether. After his co-starring role on the NBC dramedy Ed, Long switched to features full-time (and those Mac-PC commercials). His only notable TV series appearances since was in an 2006 episode of That ’70s Show, which, like New Girl, aired on Fox.
Justin Long To Do Arc On Fox's New Comedy 'New Girl'
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: “First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America’s On A Roll!”
- Stephen Colbert Welcomes Comedy Central ‘Broad City’ Talent To ‘Late Show’
- Hillary Clinton Rips Donald Trump For “Bigotry & Bombast” In DNC Speech
- Hollywood Reacts To Hillary Clinton DNC Speech: Making History Leads Way Amid Jokes & Jibes
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love
- Watch Tonight's Hillary Clinton DNC Video By ‘Scandal’ EPs