Fox is adding more big-screen star power to new comedy series New Girl, which is toplined by indie darling Zooey Deschanel. In his first major TV role since his breakthrough gig on NBC’s Ed, Justin Long has signed on for a 3-episode arc opposite Deschanel on New Girl. The 20th TV-produced series centers on Jess (Deschanel), an offbeat and adorable girl in her late 20s who, after a bad breakup, moves in with three single guys. Starting with Episode 6, Long will play Paul, a music teacher and Jess’ love interest. The casting stems from Long’s longstanding relationship with New Girl creator/executive producer Liz Meriwether. After his co-starring role on the NBC dramedy Ed, Long switched to features full-time (and those Mac-PC commercials). His only notable TV series appearances since was in an 2006 episode of That ’70s Show, which, like New Girl, aired on Fox.
Justin Long To Do Arc On Fox's New Comedy 'New Girl'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- ‘The Strain’ Renewed For Fourth & Final Season By FX
- CNN Wins Cable News Debate Demo Derby, Fox News Channel Takes Total Viewers
- ‘Das Boot’: Sonar Acquires Rights To Event Series; Boards As Co-Producer
- NBC Snares Biggest 1st Debate Crowd Since 1992 To Top Field
- Fox Networks Group Names David Levy EVP Of Non-Linear Revenue
- Netflix’s Ted Sarandos Says Company’s Creative Involvement Is “Always Invited”