Fox is adding more big-screen star power to new comedy series New Girl, which is toplined by indie darling Zooey Deschanel. In his first major TV role since his breakthrough gig on NBC’s Ed, Justin Long has signed on for a 3-episode arc opposite Deschanel on New Girl. The 20th TV-produced series centers on Jess (Deschanel), an offbeat and adorable girl in her late 20s who, after a bad breakup, moves in with three single guys. Starting with Episode 6, Long will play Paul, a music teacher and Jess’ love interest. The casting stems from Long’s longstanding relationship with New Girl creator/executive producer Liz Meriwether. After his co-starring role on the NBC dramedy Ed, Long switched to features full-time (and those Mac-PC commercials). His only notable TV series appearances since was in an 2006 episode of That ’70s Show, which, like New Girl, aired on Fox.
Justin Long To Do Arc On Fox's New Comedy 'New Girl'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
Latest TV News
- ‘Michael Bennett’ Drama Based On James Patterson's Book Series In Works At ABC
- John Kelly Defends Donald Trump’s Call To Soldier’s Widow, Blasts Frederica Wilson At Briefing
- Mipcom Gets Crafty, Social Ups Ante, Broadcasters Face Streaming Squeeze
- Donald Trump: “Disgrace” That Media “Won’t” Cover “Real Russia Story” From…
- Keith Levine Exits Dimension For Prexy Post At David Goyer’s Phantom Four
- ‘The Walking Dead’ To Drop Extra 100th Episode Footage On New AMC VR App