Fox is adding more big-screen star power to new comedy series New Girl, which is toplined by indie darling Zooey Deschanel. In his first major TV role since his breakthrough gig on NBC’s Ed, Justin Long has signed on for a 3-episode arc opposite Deschanel on New Girl. The 20th TV-produced series centers on Jess (Deschanel), an offbeat and adorable girl in her late 20s who, after a bad breakup, moves in with three single guys. Starting with Episode 6, Long will play Paul, a music teacher and Jess’ love interest. The casting stems from Long’s longstanding relationship with New Girl creator/executive producer Liz Meriwether. After his co-starring role on the NBC dramedy Ed, Long switched to features full-time (and those Mac-PC commercials). His only notable TV series appearances since was in an 2006 episode of That ’70s Show, which, like New Girl, aired on Fox.
Justin Long To Do Arc On Fox's New Comedy 'New Girl'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage
- ‘Feud: Bette & Joan’ Review: Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon Kill In H’wood War Story
- ‘Somewhere Between’ Casts JR Bourne; Eden Brolin Upped To Regular In ‘Beyond’
- ‘Community’ Reunion Set As Dan Harmon Guests On Ken Jeong’s ‘Dr. Ken’ Season Finale
- Debby Ryan To Star In the CW Pilot ‘Insatiable’
- ‘Unit Zero’: Rob Huebel Cast In ABC’s Toni Collette Spy Dramedy Pilot