EXCLUSIVE: On the heels of Justin Lin signing a two-year production deal with Universal Pictures for his newly formed company Barnstorm Pictures, the Fast Five director has inked his first TV pact — a first-look deal with Sony Pictures TV. Under the agreement, Lin will develop series projects for the studio and will also direct a pilot this coming season subject to feature availability. While he is best known for directing the last 3 Fast and the Furious installments, most recently Fast Five, which has earned more than $600M at the worldwide box office, Lin also has directed 3 episodes of the Sony TV-produced NBC comedy Community. I hear the gig, Lin’s only in TV so far, stemmed from his friendship with the series’ co-director/executive producer Joe Russo. It led to Lin setting up shop at the TV studio where director-producers Joe and Anthony Russo also have a deal. Lin, who co-wrote and directed the 2007 comedy feature Finishing the Game: The Search for a New Bruce Lee, is currently out with 2 TV comedy pitches. On the feature side, CAA-repped Lin will go behind the camera for Fast & Furious 6, to be released May 24, 2013. Under his Universal deal, he is developing an action adventure spy film called Leading Man and an untitled project about the 442 Japanese American WWII battalion that is the most decorated in American history. Lin is also attached to a new Terminator movie.
'Fast And Furious' Director Justin Lin Signs First-Look Deal With Sony Pictures TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox