EXCLUSIVE: A History of Violence scribe Josh Olson has been set to write Tabloid, the working title of an adult thriller that is being fashioned as a potential starring vehicle for Mick Jagger. Jagger had the idea for the film, and is producing with Victoria Pearman through his Jagged Films banner. They’ve set up the project to be financed by Steve Bing, who’ll also produce through his Shangri-La Entertainment banner. The role Jagger is eyeing is a global media mogul with dubious morality, and there is a young journalist who gets seduced and sucked into that immoral world. Olson most recently wrote the first draft of One Shot, the Lee Child novel that Paramount is putting into production with Chris McQuarrie directing and Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher. The UTA-repped Olson has also scripted a series version of the Korean action film Soo for FX.
Josh Olson Scripts 'Tabloid' For Mick Jagger And Steve Bing
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest Film News
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon
- John Doman Joins ‘Hard Powder’; Alessandra Ambrosio Returns For ‘Daddy’s Home’ Sequel