EXCLUSIVE: A History of Violence scribe Josh Olson has been set to write Tabloid, the working title of an adult thriller that is being fashioned as a potential starring vehicle for Mick Jagger. Jagger had the idea for the film, and is producing with Victoria Pearman through his Jagged Films banner. They’ve set up the project to be financed by Steve Bing, who’ll also produce through his Shangri-La Entertainment banner. The role Jagger is eyeing is a global media mogul with dubious morality, and there is a young journalist who gets seduced and sucked into that immoral world. Olson most recently wrote the first draft of One Shot, the Lee Child novel that Paramount is putting into production with Chris McQuarrie directing and Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher. The UTA-repped Olson has also scripted a series version of the Korean action film Soo for FX.
Josh Olson Scripts 'Tabloid' For Mick Jagger And Steve Bing
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: James Dixon Wins; Katzenberg Woes; American Sniper Wows; ‘Ghostbusters’ Cast, Whoa!
- Robert Redford-Nick Nolte Pic’ A Walk In The Woods’ Lands Whopping Broad Green Deal – Sundance
- Bleecker Street Acquires ‘I’ll See You In My Dreams’ – Sundance
- Sundance Pic ‘Digging For Fire’ Acquired By The Orchard & Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions – Update
- Steinbeck’s ‘In Dubious Battle’ Helmed By James Franco With Strong Cast – Berlin
- Peter Berg In Talks To Replace JC Chandor On ‘Deepwater Horizon’ – Update