EXCLUSIVE: A History of Violence scribe Josh Olson has been set to write Tabloid, the working title of an adult thriller that is being fashioned as a potential starring vehicle for Mick Jagger. Jagger had the idea for the film, and is producing with Victoria Pearman through his Jagged Films banner. They’ve set up the project to be financed by Steve Bing, who’ll also produce through his Shangri-La Entertainment banner. The role Jagger is eyeing is a global media mogul with dubious morality, and there is a young journalist who gets seduced and sucked into that immoral world. Olson most recently wrote the first draft of One Shot, the Lee Child novel that Paramount is putting into production with Chris McQuarrie directing and Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher. The UTA-repped Olson has also scripted a series version of the Korean action film Soo for FX.
Josh Olson Scripts 'Tabloid' For Mick Jagger And Steve Bing
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Note To Oscar Host Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Carson’s Suit Patterns Are Up For Sale
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer: Watch Optimus Prime Do Some Heavy Duty Transforming
- Pharrell Williams On ‘Hidden Figures’ Hidden NASA History – The Contenders Video
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars
- ‘Sing’ Review: The Tunes In This Terrific ‘Toon Will Have You Dancing In The Aisles
- Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ Plots January Expansion