We don’t really get him in the United States, but Rowan Atkinson continues to be a box office phenomenon most everywhere else. Universal opened his latest, Johnny English Reborn, this weekend in 15 territories internationally. The film finished number one in 13 of them, grossing $11.7 million in 1372 dates or $8,528 per screen. That makes the $45 million comedy the biggest opening of any of his films. That includes Bean, which made $207 million of its $255 million gross overseas; Mr. Bean’s Holiday, which made $196 million of its $230 million overseas; and Johnny English, which made $133 million of its $160 million worldwide total overseas. The sequel is in track to do north of $150 million overseas. There are 48 territories left to open, including Germany on October 6 and the UK on October 7, and Universal releases the pic in the U.S. on October 28.
'Johnny English Reborn' Opens Strong Overseas
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner