We don’t really get him in the United States, but Rowan Atkinson continues to be a box office phenomenon most everywhere else. Universal opened his latest, Johnny English Reborn, this weekend in 15 territories internationally. The film finished number one in 13 of them, grossing $11.7 million in 1372 dates or $8,528 per screen. That makes the $45 million comedy the biggest opening of any of his films. That includes Bean, which made $207 million of its $255 million gross overseas; Mr. Bean’s Holiday, which made $196 million of its $230 million overseas; and Johnny English, which made $133 million of its $160 million worldwide total overseas. The sequel is in track to do north of $150 million overseas. There are 48 territories left to open, including Germany on October 6 and the UK on October 7, and Universal releases the pic in the U.S. on October 28.
'Johnny English Reborn' Opens Strong Overseas
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: Tom Rothman Rises; Adam Goodman Exits; Raunchy Comediennes
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?