John Malkovich has signed on to Summit’s Warm Bodies, the Jonathan Levine-directed adaptation of the novel about a zombie who rediscovers his soul through a relationship with a human girl. Nicholas Hoult plays the zombie; Teresa Palmer plays the girl; and Malkovich will play her father, General Grigio. It starts an interesting autumn for Malkovich, who’ll perform in two operas, The Giacomo Variations and The Infernal Comedy, before going off to direct a French-language version of Les liaisons dangereuses in Paris. Malkovich starred in 1988’s Dangerous Liaisons. He’ll be free in January, and will certainly follow by reprising his eccentric assassin Marvin Boggs in the sequel to the 2010 hit Red. Summit is right now searching for a director to replace Robert Schwentke, who’s directing Universal’s R.I.P.D. Malkovich is repped by WME.
John Malkovich Takes 'Warm Bodies' Before Heading To Operas And Stage
What's Hot on Deadline
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Latest Film News
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?
- ‘LBJ’ Trailer: Woody Harrelson As 36th President In Rob Reiner’s Next Film
- Fox & 21 Laps Land John Kamps Novel ‘The Prince’s Guard’
- Pablo Schreiber Joins Dwayne Johnson In ‘Skyscraper’
- ‘Brigsby Bear’s 3311 Productions Sets Two Movies