John Malkovich has signed on to Summit’s Warm Bodies, the Jonathan Levine-directed adaptation of the novel about a zombie who rediscovers his soul through a relationship with a human girl. Nicholas Hoult plays the zombie; Teresa Palmer plays the girl; and Malkovich will play her father, General Grigio. It starts an interesting autumn for Malkovich, who’ll perform in two operas, The Giacomo Variations and The Infernal Comedy, before going off to direct a French-language version of Les liaisons dangereuses in Paris. Malkovich starred in 1988’s Dangerous Liaisons. He’ll be free in January, and will certainly follow by reprising his eccentric assassin Marvin Boggs in the sequel to the 2010 hit Red. Summit is right now searching for a director to replace Robert Schwentke, who’s directing Universal’s R.I.P.D. Malkovich is repped by WME.
John Malkovich Takes 'Warm Bodies' Before Heading To Operas And Stage
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest Film News
- ‘Angry Birds’ Get Happy With Day-And-Date China Bow
- ‘Warcraft’ Sets China Release Two Days Ahead Of U.S.: A Burgeoning Trend?
- Steve Papazian, Trusted Warner Bros. Veteran, Moves Into Consulting Capacity
- Angela Davis Biopic By ‘Shameless’ Scribe LaToya Morgan Acquired By The Firm
- Javier Bardem & Penelope Cruz On Croisette For ‘Escobar’ – Cannes
- 20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale ‘Irredeemable’; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting