Jay Mohr has been tapped for a major recurring role on ABC’s new comedy series Suburgatory. The show, from creator Emily Kapnek and Warner Bros. TV, tells the story of bright urban teenager Tessa (Jane Levy) whose single dad (Jeremy Sisto) moves her from New York City to the “white-picket-fence nightmare” of the suburbs. In the pilot, the two become close with their new neighbor, Real Housewives-type Dallas Royce, who sets her sights on the hunky single dad, and her daughter Dalia (Carly Chaikin), who reluctantly becomes Tessa’s school buddy. Mohr will play Dallas’ husband Steven Royce who models his life after the two Donalds: Trump and Draper. In business, he’s a shark, which affords his family their elegant lifestyle but he is rarely home and, when it comes to monogamy, he and Dallas employ a “don’t ask, don’t tell” philosophy. Paradigm-repped Mohr previously starred on the CBS comedy Gary Unmarried and CBS drama The Ghost Whisperer.
Jay Mohr Joins ABC's 'Suburgatory'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest TV News
- UTA Vs. CAA Agent-Poaching Lawsuit: Judge Officially Hits Pause Button
- Fox Buys ‘The Underlings’ Legal Dramedy From ‘Hart of Dixie’ Creator
- Andrea Tantaros' Shrink Backs Sexual Harassment Claims Against Roger Ailes & Fox News
- ABC Nabs Political Family Comedy Starring Felicity Huffman From Kenya Barris & Vijal Patel With Big Commitment
- ‘The Magicians’ Casts Christopher Gorham; ‘Outcast’ Adds C. Thomas Howell
- ‘NCIS’ Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: “Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain”…