Jay Mohr has been tapped for a major recurring role on ABC’s new comedy series Suburgatory. The show, from creator Emily Kapnek and Warner Bros. TV, tells the story of bright urban teenager Tessa (Jane Levy) whose single dad (Jeremy Sisto) moves her from New York City to the “white-picket-fence nightmare” of the suburbs. In the pilot, the two become close with their new neighbor, Real Housewives-type Dallas Royce, who sets her sights on the hunky single dad, and her daughter Dalia (Carly Chaikin), who reluctantly becomes Tessa’s school buddy. Mohr will play Dallas’ husband Steven Royce who models his life after the two Donalds: Trump and Draper. In business, he’s a shark, which affords his family their elegant lifestyle but he is rarely home and, when it comes to monogamy, he and Dallas employ a “don’t ask, don’t tell” philosophy. Paradigm-repped Mohr previously starred on the CBS comedy Gary Unmarried and CBS drama The Ghost Whisperer.
Jay Mohr Joins ABC's 'Suburgatory'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- Move! Binge-Watching May Be Hazardous To Your Health: Report
- ‘A Million Little Things’: Anne Son To Co-Star In ABC Drama Pilot
- Timothy Hutton To Star In ‘Main Justice’; David Semel To Direct, Sunil Nayar Set As Showrunner Of CBS Pilot
- MSNBC Alum Dylan Ratigan Running For Congress
- CBS Launches ‘Eye Speak’ Female Empowerment & Leadership Program
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Graves Disease; Show To Go On 3-Week Hiatus