Jay Mohr has been tapped for a major recurring role on ABC’s new comedy series Suburgatory. The show, from creator Emily Kapnek and Warner Bros. TV, tells the story of bright urban teenager Tessa (Jane Levy) whose single dad (Jeremy Sisto) moves her from New York City to the “white-picket-fence nightmare” of the suburbs. In the pilot, the two become close with their new neighbor, Real Housewives-type Dallas Royce, who sets her sights on the hunky single dad, and her daughter Dalia (Carly Chaikin), who reluctantly becomes Tessa’s school buddy. Mohr will play Dallas’ husband Steven Royce who models his life after the two Donalds: Trump and Draper. In business, he’s a shark, which affords his family their elegant lifestyle but he is rarely home and, when it comes to monogamy, he and Dallas employ a “don’t ask, don’t tell” philosophy. Paradigm-repped Mohr previously starred on the CBS comedy Gary Unmarried and CBS drama The Ghost Whisperer.
Jay Mohr Joins ABC's 'Suburgatory'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel