EXCLUSIVE: Jackie Earle Haley is set for Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, playing the role of Alexander Stephens. Stephens was vice president of the Confederate States during the Civil War and a nemesis of Lincoln’s slavery reform agenda. He is remembered for an infamous speech in which he said that slavery was the “natural condition of blacks and the cornerstone of the Confederacy.” The Spielberg-directed film shoots this fall and DreamWorks is eyeing a late 2012 release date, after the presidential elections. Daniel Day-Lewis plays Abraham Lincoln, Sally Field plays Mary Todd, and Tommy Lee Jones and Joseph Gordon-Levitt also star. Haley, whose career was resuscitated with his Oscar-nominated performance in Little Children, is currently in London shooting the Tim Burton-directed Dark Shadows for Warner Bros. Haley is repped by CAA and managed by Leslie Rice.
Jackie Earle Haley To Spielberg's 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Mads Mikkelsen In From The ‘Arctic’ Talks New Project, ‘Rogue One’, Cats & Dogs Experience On Fest Jury – Cannes…
- Sofia Coppola On Working With Family & Pulling ‘The Beguiled’ Out Of The Universal Archive – Cannes
- Doug Liman Exits ‘Justice League Dark’ Movie
- Tom Cruise Says ‘Top Gun 2’ Will Be Filming “In The Next Year”
- Sony Pegs Release Dates For ‘The Nightingale’ And ‘Charlie’s Angels’
- Bona Film Group Stakes $80M On Roland Emmerich/Mark Gordon WWII Battle Pic ‘Midway:’ Cannes