EXCLUSIVE: Jackie Earle Haley is set for Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, playing the role of Alexander Stephens. Stephens was vice president of the Confederate States during the Civil War and a nemesis of Lincoln’s slavery reform agenda. He is remembered for an infamous speech in which he said that slavery was the “natural condition of blacks and the cornerstone of the Confederacy.” The Spielberg-directed film shoots this fall and DreamWorks is eyeing a late 2012 release date, after the presidential elections. Daniel Day-Lewis plays Abraham Lincoln, Sally Field plays Mary Todd, and Tommy Lee Jones and Joseph Gordon-Levitt also star. Haley, whose career was resuscitated with his Oscar-nominated performance in Little Children, is currently in London shooting the Tim Burton-directed Dark Shadows for Warner Bros. Haley is repped by CAA and managed by Leslie Rice.
Jackie Earle Haley To Spielberg's 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey, Natalie Portman, Lena Dunham, Chadwick Boseman Among 140 To Sign Open Letter On Gender Equality
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Fox TV Latin America Promotion, Will Arnett Joins Sky Drama ‘Riviera’ — Global Briefs
- Jake Gyllenhaal In Mysterio Talks For Spider-Man Sequel
- Comcast-Sky: UK Government Doesn’t See Initial Public Interest Concerns In Acquisition Bid
- Oprah Winfrey, Natalie Portman, Lena Dunham, Chadwick Boseman Among 140 To Sign Open Letter On Gender Equality
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Tops $1.81B WW – International…
- Patricia Morison Dies: Glamourous Movie Star Of The 1940s Was 103