EXCLUSIVE: Jackie Earle Haley is set for Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, playing the role of Alexander Stephens. Stephens was vice president of the Confederate States during the Civil War and a nemesis of Lincoln’s slavery reform agenda. He is remembered for an infamous speech in which he said that slavery was the “natural condition of blacks and the cornerstone of the Confederacy.” The Spielberg-directed film shoots this fall and DreamWorks is eyeing a late 2012 release date, after the presidential elections. Daniel Day-Lewis plays Abraham Lincoln, Sally Field plays Mary Todd, and Tommy Lee Jones and Joseph Gordon-Levitt also star. Haley, whose career was resuscitated with his Oscar-nominated performance in Little Children, is currently in London shooting the Tim Burton-directed Dark Shadows for Warner Bros. Haley is repped by CAA and managed by Leslie Rice.
Jackie Earle Haley To Spielberg's 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Catalyst Global Media Producing Film Version Of ‘Pink Mist’
- ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Secures China Release Date
- Mark Wahlberg & Peter Berg On Making ‘Patriots Day’ & The Film’s Message – The…
- ‘Lady Macbeth’ Trailer: Period Drama About Forbidden Lovers & Revenge Gets Release Date
- Will Arnett To Star In Open Road’s ‘Show Dogs’