UPDATED: Oxygen this morning officially announced that it is proceeding with casting for a second season of reality series The Glee Project. Because Glee itself has not been renewed for a fourth season, Oxygen stopped short of announcing an official second season renewal of the reality series but that is considered a formality. Beginning in November, Oxygen will hold a multiple-city open casting call tour including New York, Chicago and Nashville. After a shaky ratings start, The Glee Project grew into a critical and commercial hit for Oxygen by the end of its freshman run. The series, executive produced by Glee‘s Ryan Murphy, was conceived to complement Oxygen’s 2010 deal for the off-network right to Glee.
It's Official: Oxygen Begins Casting For Second Season Of 'The Glee Project'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- Jason Ritter To Recur In David E. Kelley’s Amazon Drama Series ‘Goliath’
- Stephen Colbert On Donald Trump’s Immigration Flip-Flop: “Electile Dysfunction”
- Netflix Orders Talk Show ‘Bill Nye Saves The World’
- Mary J. Blige To Guest Star In ‘How To Get Away With Murder’
- ‘Mighty Magiswords’ Gets Premiere Date On Cartoon Network
- Mel Brooks Combs His Hair In Homage To Gene Wilder On ‘Tonight Show’