UPDATED: Oxygen this morning officially announced that it is proceeding with casting for a second season of reality series The Glee Project. Because Glee itself has not been renewed for a fourth season, Oxygen stopped short of announcing an official second season renewal of the reality series but that is considered a formality. Beginning in November, Oxygen will hold a multiple-city open casting call tour including New York, Chicago and Nashville. After a shaky ratings start, The Glee Project grew into a critical and commercial hit for Oxygen by the end of its freshman run. The series, executive produced by Glee‘s Ryan Murphy, was conceived to complement Oxygen’s 2010 deal for the off-network right to Glee.
It's Official: Oxygen Begins Casting For Second Season Of 'The Glee Project'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Smits Joins ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ In Major Season 4 Guest Arc
- A+E Networks Elevates Robert Sharenow To Programming President, Eli Lehrer Joins History As EVP
- Matt Loeb Re-Elected IATSE President
- Sinclair And Nexstar Vow To Share Spectrum To Help Next-Gen TV Transition
- Comic-Con: ‘Sherlock’ EPs Tease Another Season Of Benedict Cumberbatch-Led Series, Maybe
- Chester Bennington Dies In Apparent Suicide: Linkin Park Singer Was 41