UPDATED: Oxygen this morning officially announced that it is proceeding with casting for a second season of reality series The Glee Project. Because Glee itself has not been renewed for a fourth season, Oxygen stopped short of announcing an official second season renewal of the reality series but that is considered a formality. Beginning in November, Oxygen will hold a multiple-city open casting call tour including New York, Chicago and Nashville. After a shaky ratings start, The Glee Project grew into a critical and commercial hit for Oxygen by the end of its freshman run. The series, executive produced by Glee‘s Ryan Murphy, was conceived to complement Oxygen’s 2010 deal for the off-network right to Glee.
It's Official: Oxygen Begins Casting For Second Season Of 'The Glee Project'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest TV News
- ‘Dynasty’ Reboot Set At the CW With Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage
- Fox Orders Gordon Ramsay Live Food Variety Show ‘The F Word’
- Viacom’s New Directors Will Lead Committee Weighing CBS Deal
- Donald Trump’s Mic Really Did Have Issues, Says Debate Commission
- ‘Criminal Minds’: Damon Gupton Cast As New Regular After Thomas Gibson’s Exit
- ‘Girls’: Lena Dunham, Cast & Crew Say Goodbye As Final Episode Wraps