UPDATED: Oxygen this morning officially announced that it is proceeding with casting for a second season of reality series The Glee Project. Because Glee itself has not been renewed for a fourth season, Oxygen stopped short of announcing an official second season renewal of the reality series but that is considered a formality. Beginning in November, Oxygen will hold a multiple-city open casting call tour including New York, Chicago and Nashville. After a shaky ratings start, The Glee Project grew into a critical and commercial hit for Oxygen by the end of its freshman run. The series, executive produced by Glee‘s Ryan Murphy, was conceived to complement Oxygen’s 2010 deal for the off-network right to Glee.
It's Official: Oxygen Begins Casting For Second Season Of 'The Glee Project'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- UTA Signs NFL Network Stalwart Rich Eisen
- Kevin Curran Dies: Emmy-Winning ‘Simpsons’ & Letterman Writer-Producer Was 59
- DGA Reaches Deal On Network Staff Agreement
- Chris McCarthy On “Challenge” Of Taking On MTV While Also Running VH1 & Logo
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Calls TV An “Intense” Interest For Him
- Jackson Rathbone Boards TNT’s ‘The Last Ship’; Darren Mann Joins Pilot ‘Let The Right One In’