UPDATED: Oxygen this morning officially announced that it is proceeding with casting for a second season of reality series The Glee Project. Because Glee itself has not been renewed for a fourth season, Oxygen stopped short of announcing an official second season renewal of the reality series but that is considered a formality. Beginning in November, Oxygen will hold a multiple-city open casting call tour including New York, Chicago and Nashville. After a shaky ratings start, The Glee Project grew into a critical and commercial hit for Oxygen by the end of its freshman run. The series, executive produced by Glee‘s Ryan Murphy, was conceived to complement Oxygen’s 2010 deal for the off-network right to Glee.
It's Official: Oxygen Begins Casting For Second Season Of 'The Glee Project'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Sundance: Women’s March Gets Bad Weather, Lower Turnout But High Hopes
- Women’s March: “Day 1 In Our United Movement,” Says America Ferrera
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Inaugural Address Positively Lincolnish
- Jill Soloway On Today’s Women’s March, ‘I Love Dick’ At Sundance & ‘Transparent’
- Trevor Noah Sings To President Donald Trump On His First Day In Office
- Joy Reid To Trevor Noah: Media Must Study Vladimir Putin’s Authoritarian Regime To Cover President Trump