UPDATED: Oxygen this morning officially announced that it is proceeding with casting for a second season of reality series The Glee Project. Because Glee itself has not been renewed for a fourth season, Oxygen stopped short of announcing an official second season renewal of the reality series but that is considered a formality. Beginning in November, Oxygen will hold a multiple-city open casting call tour including New York, Chicago and Nashville. After a shaky ratings start, The Glee Project grew into a critical and commercial hit for Oxygen by the end of its freshman run. The series, executive produced by Glee‘s Ryan Murphy, was conceived to complement Oxygen’s 2010 deal for the off-network right to Glee.
It's Official: Oxygen Begins Casting For Second Season Of 'The Glee Project'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres