UPDATED: Oxygen this morning officially announced that it is proceeding with casting for a second season of reality series The Glee Project. Because Glee itself has not been renewed for a fourth season, Oxygen stopped short of announcing an official second season renewal of the reality series but that is considered a formality. Beginning in November, Oxygen will hold a multiple-city open casting call tour including New York, Chicago and Nashville. After a shaky ratings start, The Glee Project grew into a critical and commercial hit for Oxygen by the end of its freshman run. The series, executive produced by Glee‘s Ryan Murphy, was conceived to complement Oxygen’s 2010 deal for the off-network right to Glee.
It's Official: Oxygen Begins Casting For Second Season Of 'The Glee Project'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49
- ‘Steps’: Ryan Michelle Bathe Cast As A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot