UPDATED: Oxygen this morning officially announced that it is proceeding with casting for a second season of reality series The Glee Project. Because Glee itself has not been renewed for a fourth season, Oxygen stopped short of announcing an official second season renewal of the reality series but that is considered a formality. Beginning in November, Oxygen will hold a multiple-city open casting call tour including New York, Chicago and Nashville. After a shaky ratings start, The Glee Project grew into a critical and commercial hit for Oxygen by the end of its freshman run. The series, executive produced by Glee‘s Ryan Murphy, was conceived to complement Oxygen’s 2010 deal for the off-network right to Glee.
It's Official: Oxygen Begins Casting For Second Season Of 'The Glee Project'
What's Hot on Deadline
California Wildfires: Santa Barbara Orders Mandatory Evacuations, Celebrity Homes Threatened— Update
Latest TV News
- Golden Globes: How To Watch Nominations Announcement Live
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Fall Finale Sees (SPOILER) Shocking Upcoming Death
- ‘Outlander’ EP Ronald D. Moore On Tonight’s Finale, Season 4, Golden Globes & Tobias Menzies Return
- Celebrities Praise Keaton Jones: Chris Evans Invites Bullied Boy To ‘Avengers’ Premiere
- Search For New Amazon Studios Boss Underway As Hiring Process Evolves
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 14 – Winners And Losers Emerge In Season-Long Strife