Directors at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia said today that they have elected Martha Stewart to the board. She’s able to join now due to the expiration of a deal that she struck with the SEC in 2006 to settle a case involving securities fraud and obstruction of justice charges. Stewart had agreed not to manage or sit on the board of a publicly traded company for five years. The move had been expected since May, when the company hired Oxygen Media co-founder Lisa Gersh as president and chief operating officer and retained Blackstone Advisory Partners to explore opportunities for the company that some have speculated could include a sale. MSLO has struggled in its TV business and is looking to boost its digital and publishing initiatives.
Martha Stewart Returns To MSLO Board
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'