Directors at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia said today that they have elected Martha Stewart to the board. She’s able to join now due to the expiration of a deal that she struck with the SEC in 2006 to settle a case involving securities fraud and obstruction of justice charges. Stewart had agreed not to manage or sit on the board of a publicly traded company for five years. The move had been expected since May, when the company hired Oxygen Media co-founder Lisa Gersh as president and chief operating officer and retained Blackstone Advisory Partners to explore opportunities for the company that some have speculated could include a sale. MSLO has struggled in its TV business and is looking to boost its digital and publishing initiatives.
Martha Stewart Returns To MSLO Board
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video