Directors at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia said today that they have elected Martha Stewart to the board. She’s able to join now due to the expiration of a deal that she struck with the SEC in 2006 to settle a case involving securities fraud and obstruction of justice charges. Stewart had agreed not to manage or sit on the board of a publicly traded company for five years. The move had been expected since May, when the company hired Oxygen Media co-founder Lisa Gersh as president and chief operating officer and retained Blackstone Advisory Partners to explore opportunities for the company that some have speculated could include a sale. MSLO has struggled in its TV business and is looking to boost its digital and publishing initiatives.
Martha Stewart Returns To MSLO Board
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest TV News
- Netflix Eyes Second Coming Of Jesus Drama Series ‘Messiah’ From Mark Burnett & Roma Downey
- Lemuel Plummer Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’: Daveed Diggs, Laura Dern Among Season 3 Guest Stars
- Lionsgate, Studiocanal Pact In Oz; French Film Biz Offers Support To U.S. Over Trump Budget Cuts – Global Briefs
- Veterans ‘Elementary’, ‘2 Broke Girls’, ‘Criminal Minds’ & ‘Amazing Race’ Among Series Left In Limbo After…
- CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including ‘MacGyver’, ‘Superior Donuts’, ‘Life In Pieces’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0…