When new syndicated talk show Anderson debuted with a so-so 1.1 household rating on Monday, the producers called the rating atypical, claiming it was depressed because the show had to face the U.S. Open men’s tennis final in major markets, including New York. But on Day 2, Anderson Cooper’s talk show didn’t get a bump, drawing the same 1.1 household. It had a small uptick in the women 25-54 demo, from a 0.6 to a 0.7 rating. Meanwhile, the premiere of veteran talker Dr. Phil, which was pushed to Tuesday due to U.S. Open-related pre-emptions on the CBS stations, posted a 4.6 household rating for its exclusive interview with the parents of Casey Anthony. It was Dr. Phil‘s highest-rated season premiere in 7 years, up 92% from last season’s opener. Dr. Phil led the syndicated talk show pack yesterday, including Regis & Kelly (2.7/10), Dr. Oz (2.5/7), Ellen (2.3/6) and Maury (1.6/5).
It Wasn't Tennis: 'Anderson' Doesn't Get Second-Day Bump, 'Dr. Phil' Debuts No. 1
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Trolls Mike Pence With Book About Veep’s Rabbit Marlon Bundo
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Stars Hit PaleyFest To Tease Season 2, Trips To The Colonies, & America’s Descent…
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Bill Hader
- ‘SNL’ Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession