After acquiring a slew of off-network dramas, Ion is adding a comedy to the mix with a deal for the exclusive broadcast syndication rights to all five seasons of ABC’s George Lopez. The comedy, bought from Warner Bros TV Distribution, will begin airing on Ion on Sept. 29 in three-hour blocks three times a week. While not a runaway hit for ABC, George Lopez has performed very well for its cable home, Nick at Nite.
Ion Acquires Comedy 'George Lopez'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- Nicolas Billon Signs With The Alpern Group; Rizwan Manji Inks At Abrams Artists Agency
- Emmys: ‘Family Guy’ Takes On Donald Trump In Mailer
- Discovery Launches Cost-Cutting Effort With Buyouts And Possible Layoffs
- Lester Holt Anchors ‘NBC Nightly News’ From Trump Tower; Twitter Disapproves
- Charles Murray Set As Showrunner On Lee Daniels’ Fox Series ‘Star’ As Part Of Overall Deal With 20th Century…
- Fox Business Network & Leftfield Settle Lawsuit Over Scrapped Reality Series