After acquiring a slew of off-network dramas, Ion is adding a comedy to the mix with a deal for the exclusive broadcast syndication rights to all five seasons of ABC’s George Lopez. The comedy, bought from Warner Bros TV Distribution, will begin airing on Ion on Sept. 29 in three-hour blocks three times a week. While not a runaway hit for ABC, George Lopez has performed very well for its cable home, Nick at Nite.
Ion Acquires Comedy 'George Lopez'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Vine Star Logan Paul Signs With CAA
- Danny Pino To Star In CBS Summer Series ‘BrainDead’ From ‘Good Wife’ Creators
- Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Look To Recapture ‘The Wiz’ Wow Factor
- Chrissy Metz Joins Dan Fogelman NBC Pilot; Shaun Ross In Amazon’s ‘The Man In The High Castle’
- ‘The Lion Guard’ Movie Roars In Disney Channel Premiere
- ‘Meet The Press’ Sweeps November Derby For First Time In Four Years