After acquiring a slew of off-network dramas, Ion is adding a comedy to the mix with a deal for the exclusive broadcast syndication rights to all five seasons of ABC’s George Lopez. The comedy, bought from Warner Bros TV Distribution, will begin airing on Ion on Sept. 29 in three-hour blocks three times a week. While not a runaway hit for ABC, George Lopez has performed very well for its cable home, Nick at Nite.
Ion Acquires Comedy 'George Lopez'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- NBCUni Consolidates USA & Syfy In New Network Group Led By Chris McCumber, Syfy’s Dave Howe Segues To New Post, Bill McGoldrick…
- ‘Star Trek’ TV Series: Bryan Fuller To Serve As Showrunner
- Sumner Redstone Says Ex-Companion Just After $50M In Old Will, Not His Well-Being
- Sundance’s ‘Other People’ Breakout JJ Totah Inks With WME
- Bill Cosby’s Ex-Lawyer Marty Singer Dropped From Janice Dickinson’s Defamation Suit
- Amy Poehler/Charlie Grandy NBC Comedy Pilot Casts Nico Evers-Swindell, Tim Baltz