Here’s the first trailer for Universal and Working Title’s Mark Wahlberg-starrer Contraband, an action thriller about a security guard trying to go straight who must return to his old life of high-stakes smuggling to settle a family member’s debt with a ruthless former boss. Giovanni Ribisi, Kate Beckinsale and Ben Foster co-star. The pic, based on the 2008 Icelandic film Reykjavic-Rotterdam, is set to be released January 13, 2012. Baltasar Kormakur directed the remake after starring in, producing and co-writing the original. From the looks of it, this one seems right in Wahlberg’s wheelhouse.
Hot Trailer: 'Contraband'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest Film News
- UTA Vs. CAA Agent-Poaching Lawsuit: Judge Officially Hits Pause Button
- Ghost Story Pic ‘The Lodgers’ Sets Lead Cast As Production Begins In Ireland
- ‘Black Panther’ Finds Another Villain: Winston Duke To Play M’Baku/Man-Ape
- Nancy Pelosi To Host Congressional Screening Of Gun Violence Documentary
- ‘Angry Birds’ Helmer Clay Kaytis Aligned With Amblin’s ‘The Lunch Witch’
- Nancy Travis Cast In ‘Bernard And Huey’; Jonathan Baker To Co-Star In ‘Inconceivable’