Here’s the first trailer for Universal and Working Title’s Mark Wahlberg-starrer Contraband, an action thriller about a security guard trying to go straight who must return to his old life of high-stakes smuggling to settle a family member’s debt with a ruthless former boss. Giovanni Ribisi, Kate Beckinsale and Ben Foster co-star. The pic, based on the 2008 Icelandic film Reykjavic-Rotterdam, is set to be released January 13, 2012. Baltasar Kormakur directed the remake after starring in, producing and co-writing the original. From the looks of it, this one seems right in Wahlberg’s wheelhouse.
Hot Trailer: 'Contraband'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest Film News
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- Paramount Pulls In Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’ With Matt Damon, Reese Witherspoon
- ‘The Martian’ Review: Matt Damon Proves There Is Life On Mars In This Sci-Fi Gem
- 20th Century Fox Names Sirena Liu As Head Of China Office
- Trudie Styler To Direct Bette Midler, Others In LGBT Film ‘Freak Show’
- Kodak Names Cinematographer-in-Residence at UCLA; Tribeca Shortlist, New SVOD Service Launched