Here’s the first trailer for Universal and Working Title’s Mark Wahlberg-starrer Contraband, an action thriller about a security guard trying to go straight who must return to his old life of high-stakes smuggling to settle a family member’s debt with a ruthless former boss. Giovanni Ribisi, Kate Beckinsale and Ben Foster co-star. The pic, based on the 2008 Icelandic film Reykjavic-Rotterdam, is set to be released January 13, 2012. Baltasar Kormakur directed the remake after starring in, producing and co-writing the original. From the looks of it, this one seems right in Wahlberg’s wheelhouse.
Hot Trailer: 'Contraband'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Cosby Found Guilty In Sexual Assault Retrial, Lashes Out In Court After Verdict; Defense Plans Appeal - Update
'Suits' Finale: Series Creator On Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle's Exits, New Twist, Season 8 & Spinoff Details
Latest Film News
- In Potent ‘Schindler’s List’ Panel, Steven Spielberg, Liam Neeson And Ben Kingsley Get Emotional 25 Years Later
- STX Entertainment Files For Hong Kong Stock Exchange Listing
- ‘Diane’, ‘Island Of The Hungry Ghosts’, Alia Shawkat & Jeffrey Wright Among Tribeca Winners
- Aussie Movie Theater Plays ‘Hereditary’ Horror Movie Trailer Before ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Lionsgate Closes Out CinemaCon With ‘Robin Hood’, ‘A Simple Favor’, ‘Blindspotting’ & More
- Tribeca Bow 'Disobedience' Hits Theaters; Claire Denis & Juliette Binoche 'Let The Sunshine In' – Specialty B.O. Preview