Hedge fund manager John Thaler seems to think Netflix has been beaten up enough. He recently increased his stake to about 4M shares, or 7.6% of Netflix’s total, according to an SEC filing today from his JAT Capital Management. At the end of June he had 467,812 Netflix shares. Since then the company’s market value has fallen nearly 57%; shares closed today at $113.16, down three cents. Thaler specializes in tech and media investments. His other major holdings in media include Cablevision and IMAX.
Hedge Fund Places Big Bet On Netflix
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content