Guinness World Records has awarded Downton Abbey with the accolade of the “Highest critical review ratings for a TV show,” which the record book says means the PBS Masterpiece series created and written by Julian Fellowes is the most “critically well-received show in the world,” snatching the honor from previous record holders Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy and Modern Family. Downton, which has been nominated for 11 Primetime Emmy Awards, averaged a score of 92 out of 100 on Metacritic, which provided the date of compiled reviews.
Guinness Record For 'Downton Abbey'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Billy Crystal To Deliver Tribute To Robin Williams At Emmy Awards
- 'Resident Evil 6′ Production Pushed To 2015
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV
- Disney Strikes Output Deal With Mediacom
- Former Legendary Digital Chief Launches Production Banner; Inks First-Look Deal With Legendary TV