EXCLUSIVE: FX has bought Furlough, an original drama series pitch from crime novelist/comic book writer Charlie Huston and The Walking Dead producer Circle of Confusion. Michael Dinner is attached to direct the potential pilot, with Sony TV, where Dinner is based, on board to produce. Details of the plot are being kept under wraps, but Furlough is described as a private detective/prison drama. Furlough reunites FX, Sony TV, Circle of Confusion and Dinner. Sony TV and Circle of Confusion recently produced the FX comic book-based pilot Powers, directed by CAA-repped Dinner, which is in consideration for a series pickup. Edgar-nominated novelist Huston, repped by Abrams Artists and Circle of Confusion, most recently adapted his 2009 crime noir novel The Mystic Arts of Erasing All Signs of Death for HBO. The project, titled All Signs of Death, was picked up to pilot, which was directed and executive produced by Alan Ball, but didn’t make the cut to series. In addition to Powers and Furlough, Circle of Confusion has an adaptation of graphic novel Chew set up at Showtime, with Stephen Hopkins attached to direct.
FX Developing PI Drama From Charlie Huston And Michael Dinner
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast