Days before its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival, Nick Broomfield’s hot-button expose documentary Sarah Palin: You Betcha! has been acquired by Freestyle Releasing. The plan is to open in New York and Los Angeles on Sept. 30 and roll out. Broomfield raised more than $30,000 on the crowd-funding site Kickstarter to support the doc’s release, with private investors kicking in more money to launch the film. Cassian Elwes made the deal with Freestyle co-president Susan Jackson. The doc, directed by Broomfield and Joan Churchill, is not a fave of the Palin crowd, and the filmmakers say it lifts the veil off her image as a former hockey mom as the former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate gears up for a possible presidential run in 2012.
Freestyle To Release Sarah Palin Doc 'You Betcha!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
It Will Soon Be Illegal For Studios To Verify Salary Quotes: Hollywood Dealmakers Brace For California Labor Code 432.3
Latest Film News
- Salma Hayek Offers Devastating Account of Harvey Weinstein, “My Monster Too”
- Controversial BFI Report Highlights Problems In The British Film Industry
- SAG Awards Movies: Blow For ‘The Post’ & Boost For ‘Big Sick’ As Actors Muddy The Waters Of A Crazy…
- ‘Coco’ Spirits Across $400M At Global Box Office
- Women In Hollywood: Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot Made The Instant Connection That Gave ‘Wonder Woman’ Power
- Heroes And Villains Adds Chris Coggins, Gary Ventimiglia To Manager Roster