Days before its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival, Nick Broomfield’s hot-button expose documentary Sarah Palin: You Betcha! has been acquired by Freestyle Releasing. The plan is to open in New York and Los Angeles on Sept. 30 and roll out. Broomfield raised more than $30,000 on the crowd-funding site Kickstarter to support the doc’s release, with private investors kicking in more money to launch the film. Cassian Elwes made the deal with Freestyle co-president Susan Jackson. The doc, directed by Broomfield and Joan Churchill, is not a fave of the Palin crowd, and the filmmakers say it lifts the veil off her image as a former hockey mom as the former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate gears up for a possible presidential run in 2012.
Freestyle To Release Sarah Palin Doc 'You Betcha!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Jennifer Lawrence Becomes A 'Red Sparrow': 20th Century Fox Unveils Intense Spy Trailer At CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Sundance Winner ‘Last Men In Aleppo’ Lands At Grasshopper Film For May Release
- LisaGay Hamilton Books ‘Beautiful Boy’ & ‘The Last Full Measure’; ‘Most Likely To Murder’ Adds…
- “Doug Liman Is Crazy” Said ‘The Wall’s John Cena — CinemaCon
- “We Believe In The Theatrical Window Fully For Our Releases” Says Amazon Studios Execs – CinemaCon
- AMPTP Invites WGA Back To Negotiations
- Warner Bros. Haunted By Another ‘Conjuring’ Suit From ‘Demonologist’ Author