Days before its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival, Nick Broomfield’s hot-button expose documentary Sarah Palin: You Betcha! has been acquired by Freestyle Releasing. The plan is to open in New York and Los Angeles on Sept. 30 and roll out. Broomfield raised more than $30,000 on the crowd-funding site Kickstarter to support the doc’s release, with private investors kicking in more money to launch the film. Cassian Elwes made the deal with Freestyle co-president Susan Jackson. The doc, directed by Broomfield and Joan Churchill, is not a fave of the Palin crowd, and the filmmakers say it lifts the veil off her image as a former hockey mom as the former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate gears up for a possible presidential run in 2012.
Freestyle To Release Sarah Palin Doc 'You Betcha!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest Film News
- Publicist Awards Nominations: Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr Back In The Race
- Andrea Riseborough On “Insane” 4-Movie Sundance Trip And Her Move To Producing To Elevate Female Voices…
- See-Saw Films Signs Three-Year, First Look Deal With New Regency
- Netflix Cooks Up ‘Ugly Delicious’ Docuseries From Chef David Chang & Oscar Winner Morgan Neville
- Breaking Glass Pictures Acquires Yan England’s ‘1:54’ For U.S. Theatrical Release
- Lionsgate Stock Pops After Report Of Active Merger Talks