That was quick — a couple of weeks after he closed an overall deal with 20 Century Fox TV, former Everybody Loves Raymond executive producer Mike Royce has scored a pilot order for the studio. Fox is finalizing a cast-contingent pilot pickup for Little Brother, a multi-camera comedy from 20th TV, Adelstein Prods. and Hat Trick, about a man that finds out that he has a half-brother he never knew about, who also happens to be an ex-con. The project has a long development history. Originally written by British scribe Fintan Ryan, the comedy had been rolled by Fox for the past 2 seasons. (thus the company credit to the now defunct Adelstein Prods.; for the past 15 months, Marty Adelstein has been partnered with Shawn Levy in 21 Laps/Adelstein). Royce was recently brought in to do a rewrite, which netted the comedy a pilot order. Royce will executive produce with Adelstein, former Adelstein Prods. president Michael Thorn (now head of drama for 20th TV), 21 Laps/Adelstein’s Becky Clements and Hat Trick’s Jimmy Mulville, while Ryan will get a co-executive producer credit. UTA-repped Mike Royce most recently co-created and executive produced with Ray Romano the TNT dramedy Men of a Certain Age.
Fox To Give Cast-Contingent Pilot Order To Mike Royce-Written Comedy 'Little Brother'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison