That was quick — a couple of weeks after he closed an overall deal with 20 Century Fox TV, former Everybody Loves Raymond executive producer Mike Royce has scored a pilot order for the studio. Fox is finalizing a cast-contingent pilot pickup for Little Brother, a multi-camera comedy from 20th TV, Adelstein Prods. and Hat Trick, about a man that finds out that he has a half-brother he never knew about, who also happens to be an ex-con. The project has a long development history. Originally written by British scribe Fintan Ryan, the comedy had been rolled by Fox for the past 2 seasons. (thus the company credit to the now defunct Adelstein Prods.; for the past 15 months, Marty Adelstein has been partnered with Shawn Levy in 21 Laps/Adelstein). Royce was recently brought in to do a rewrite, which netted the comedy a pilot order. Royce will executive produce with Adelstein, former Adelstein Prods. president Michael Thorn (now head of drama for 20th TV), 21 Laps/Adelstein’s Becky Clements and Hat Trick’s Jimmy Mulville, while Ryan will get a co-executive producer credit. UTA-repped Mike Royce most recently co-created and executive produced with Ray Romano the TNT dramedy Men of a Certain Age.
Fox To Give Cast-Contingent Pilot Order To Mike Royce-Written Comedy 'Little Brother'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
Latest TV News
- Sumner Redstone Trial: Judge Says He’ll Consider Dismissal Over The Weekend
- Kiefer Sutherland ABC Drama ‘Designated Survivor’ Gets Formal Series Pickup, First Trailer; Eyes Jon Feldman As…
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Path’ Is Not “The Scientology Show” Says Creator And…
- ABC Nears ‘Castle’ Renewal Decision For Season 9, Nathan Fillion Set To Return
- ‘American Gods’: Starz Series To Recast Mad Sweeney Role, Changes DP
- FCC Approves Charter’s Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable