That was quick — a couple of weeks after he closed an overall deal with 20 Century Fox TV, former Everybody Loves Raymond executive producer Mike Royce has scored a pilot order for the studio. Fox is finalizing a cast-contingent pilot pickup for Little Brother, a multi-camera comedy from 20th TV, Adelstein Prods. and Hat Trick, about a man that finds out that he has a half-brother he never knew about, who also happens to be an ex-con. The project has a long development history. Originally written by British scribe Fintan Ryan, the comedy had been rolled by Fox for the past 2 seasons. (thus the company credit to the now defunct Adelstein Prods.; for the past 15 months, Marty Adelstein has been partnered with Shawn Levy in 21 Laps/Adelstein). Royce was recently brought in to do a rewrite, which netted the comedy a pilot order. Royce will executive produce with Adelstein, former Adelstein Prods. president Michael Thorn (now head of drama for 20th TV), 21 Laps/Adelstein’s Becky Clements and Hat Trick’s Jimmy Mulville, while Ryan will get a co-executive producer credit. UTA-repped Mike Royce most recently co-created and executive produced with Ray Romano the TNT dramedy Men of a Certain Age.
Fox To Give Cast-Contingent Pilot Order To Mike Royce-Written Comedy 'Little Brother'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Latest TV News
- The Comedy Central Roast Of Rob Lowe: Everybody Hates Ann Coulter
- 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick Refuses To Stand For National Anthem: “There Are Bodies In The Street”
- Don Cheadle To Trump After Dwyane Wade Comment: “You Truly Are A POS”
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service