That was quick — a couple of weeks after he closed an overall deal with 20 Century Fox TV, former Everybody Loves Raymond executive producer Mike Royce has scored a pilot order for the studio. Fox is finalizing a cast-contingent pilot pickup for Little Brother, a multi-camera comedy from 20th TV, Adelstein Prods. and Hat Trick, about a man that finds out that he has a half-brother he never knew about, who also happens to be an ex-con. The project has a long development history. Originally written by British scribe Fintan Ryan, the comedy had been rolled by Fox for the past 2 seasons. (thus the company credit to the now defunct Adelstein Prods.; for the past 15 months, Marty Adelstein has been partnered with Shawn Levy in 21 Laps/Adelstein). Royce was recently brought in to do a rewrite, which netted the comedy a pilot order. Royce will executive produce with Adelstein, former Adelstein Prods. president Michael Thorn (now head of drama for 20th TV), 21 Laps/Adelstein’s Becky Clements and Hat Trick’s Jimmy Mulville, while Ryan will get a co-executive producer credit. UTA-repped Mike Royce most recently co-created and executive produced with Ray Romano the TNT dramedy Men of a Certain Age.
Fox To Give Cast-Contingent Pilot Order To Mike Royce-Written Comedy 'Little Brother'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21.7M As 'Rampage' Beats Chest, 'Super Trooper 2' Surprises - Sunday AM Update
James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To 'Terminator', And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On 'Avatar' Sequels
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Latest TV News
- BBC Two Explores Bollywood With Anita Rani-Fronted Doc Series From ‘Gold Rush’ Producer Raw
- ‘Ghost Wars’ Canceled After One Season At Syfy
- James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To ‘Terminator’, And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On…
- The Week In Deadline Video & Podcasts: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Darren Criss, Frankie Shaw
- ‘Meghan Markle’ Dips While ‘Jane The Virgin’ Steady In Friday Ratings
- Robert Durst Admits He May Have Said Too Much In HBO Series ‘The Jinx’