EXCLUSIVE: Fox has bought a CIA drama from Karyn Usher (The Playboy Club) in a script deal that has a significant penalty attached to it. The project, a procedural thriller centered on the orphaned 17-year-old daughter of a CIA operative who is recruited to become an operative herself, is being produced by 20th Century Fox TV and Mary Adelstein and Shawn Levy’s studio-based 21 Laps/Adelstein Prods. Usher, Adelstein, Levy and Becky Clements are executive producing. Adelstein approached Usher, who also is under an overall deal at 20th TV, with the idea for the project to find out that she had been thinking about a similar idea. This is the duo’s third project together. Adelstein first met Usher on the Fox/20th TV drama Prison Break, which Adelstein executive produced and on which WME-repped Usher started off as a co-producer and eventually rose to co-executive producer. The two later developed a U.S. version of the British format Daylight Robbery. 21 Laps/Adelstein, which has the Tim Allen ABC comedy Last Man Standing launching next month, has already sold a slew of projects this season. They include a Romancing the Stone adaptation penned by Mark Friedman to NBC, a medical dramedy written by Jessica Queller, ensemble comedy Gorilla Time penned by Stacy Traub & Hayes Jackson and family comedy Threepete written by Carter Covington to Fox.
Fox Buys Teen Spy Drama With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Latest TV News
- Ellen Pompeo On New ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Deal, The Show’s End Game & Legacy And Her Post-‘Grey’s’ Future…
- Former ‘Today’ Co-Host Ann Curry Not Surprised At Matt Lauer’s Ouster
- Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds…
- UK Production Group Argonon Acquires Like A Shot Entertainment & Staffs Up U.S. Division
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Actress Lana Parrilla Set To Make Directorial Debut For “Chosen” Episode
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Shopped To Other Networks For Season 3