EXCLUSIVE: Bill Lawrence has sold a second comedy project this season, landing a second straight pilot production commitment. Fox has nabbed the single-camera comedy, which Lawrence will write, direct and executive produce. Inspired by Lawrence’s real-life experiences, it centers on a father-son relationship. This marks the first pilot script Lawrence will write solo since Scrubs. Two weeks ago, he and Greg Malins received a pilot production commitment from CBS for a multi-camera workplace comedy they will co-write together. Both projects hail from Warner Bros TV, where Lawrence is under a rich, long-term deal that started in June. The Fox deal reunites ICM-repped Lawrence with the network’s entertainment president Kevin Reilly, who was in the same position at NBC for some of Scrubs‘ run on the network.
Fox Buys Bill Lawrence Father-Son Comedy With Pilot Production Commitment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC