EXCLUSIVE: Bill Lawrence has sold a second comedy project this season, landing a second straight pilot production commitment. Fox has nabbed the single-camera comedy, which Lawrence will write, direct and executive produce. Inspired by Lawrence’s real-life experiences, it centers on a father-son relationship. This marks the first pilot script Lawrence will write solo since Scrubs. Two weeks ago, he and Greg Malins received a pilot production commitment from CBS for a multi-camera workplace comedy they will co-write together. Both projects hail from Warner Bros TV, where Lawrence is under a rich, long-term deal that started in June. The Fox deal reunites ICM-repped Lawrence with the network’s entertainment president Kevin Reilly, who was in the same position at NBC for some of Scrubs‘ run on the network.
Fox Buys Bill Lawrence Father-Son Comedy With Pilot Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest TV News
- Michael Grindon Exits As Legendary’s Worldwide Television Distribution Head
- Sinclair Lays Out Plans To Divest Stations To Win FCC Approval Of Tribune Acquisition
- McKenna Grace To Play Young Lead In Rob Lowe’s ‘The Bad Seed’ Lifetime Remake, Original’s Patty McCormack…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight…
- ‘The End Of The World As We Know It’: Quinta Brunson To Star In CW Pilot
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Renewed For Season 13 By NBC With All 4 Judges & Host Tyra Banks Returning