Lionsgate said in a regulatory filing today that Mark Rachesky, the former Carl Icahn protege and the mini-major’s largest shareholder, has been appointed co-chairman of the board, a title he will share with current CEO Jon Feltheimer. The move was finalized on Tuesday, according to the SEC filing; Feltheimer was re-appointed as the other co-chair. Rachesky has 37.3% of Lionsgate shares, making him by far its largest investor. He replaces Harold Ludwig as co-chair, though Ludwig remains on the board. Rachesky was Icahn’s chief investment officer for about a decade but left to start his own fund. Last year, he was considered a key player in keeping Lionsgate out of Icahn’s hands, increasing his stake in the company as Icahn’s challenge to Lionsgate’s management grew. Lionsgate and Icahn settled their longtime dispute last month, ending the corporate raider’s hostile takeover attempt.
Former Carl Icahn Protege Mark Rachesky Named Lionsgate Co-Chairman
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update