Lionsgate said in a regulatory filing today that Mark Rachesky, the former Carl Icahn protege and the mini-major’s largest shareholder, has been appointed co-chairman of the board, a title he will share with current CEO Jon Feltheimer. The move was finalized on Tuesday, according to the SEC filing; Feltheimer was re-appointed as the other co-chair. Rachesky has 37.3% of Lionsgate shares, making him by far its largest investor. He replaces Harold Ludwig as co-chair, though Ludwig remains on the board. Rachesky was Icahn’s chief investment officer for about a decade but left to start his own fund. Last year, he was considered a key player in keeping Lionsgate out of Icahn’s hands, increasing his stake in the company as Icahn’s challenge to Lionsgate’s management grew. Lionsgate and Icahn settled their longtime dispute last month, ending the corporate raider’s hostile takeover attempt.
Former Carl Icahn Protege Mark Rachesky Named Lionsgate Co-Chairman
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest Film News
- Cannes: Will Smith, Fan Bingbing, Paolo Sorrentino Join Festival Jury
- ‘Transformers’ Tom DeSanto, China’s CITIC Guoan Pact On Co-Productions
- Sundance London Announces Lineup; ‘A Ghost Story’ Set To Close Event
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Dustin Hoffman Grills Noah Baumbach (And Gets Grilled Too): Tribeca Film Festival
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For…