BREAKING: The first deal of this year’s Toronto Film Festival he goes to Samuel Goldwyn, which acquired the doc Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel. Goldwyn acquired North American rights and will put the film out theatrically in at least 20 markets. The film was directed by Lisa Immordino Vreeland, wife of the late fashion magnate’s grandson. It got strong reaction in Venice and Telluride, and after a private screening at the Royal York Hotel last night Goldwyn, IFC, Magnolia and Sony Pictures Classics and Music Box went after it. Goldwyn took it around 4 AM. Pic was repped by Submarine’s Josh Braun.
First Toronto Sale: Samuel Goldwyn Nabs Doc 'Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation
- It's Official: Sony Scraps 'The Interview'
- Michael Stuhlbarg Joins Steve Jobs Pic
- Sony Scraps TV Advertising On 'The Interview'