BREAKING: The first deal of this year’s Toronto Film Festival he goes to Samuel Goldwyn, which acquired the doc Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel. Goldwyn acquired North American rights and will put the film out theatrically in at least 20 markets. The film was directed by Lisa Immordino Vreeland, wife of the late fashion magnate’s grandson. It got strong reaction in Venice and Telluride, and after a private screening at the Royal York Hotel last night Goldwyn, IFC, Magnolia and Sony Pictures Classics and Music Box went after it. Goldwyn took it around 4 AM. Pic was repped by Submarine’s Josh Braun.
First Toronto Sale: Samuel Goldwyn Nabs Doc 'Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'