BREAKING: The first deal of this year’s Toronto Film Festival he goes to Samuel Goldwyn, which acquired the doc Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel. Goldwyn acquired North American rights and will put the film out theatrically in at least 20 markets. The film was directed by Lisa Immordino Vreeland, wife of the late fashion magnate’s grandson. It got strong reaction in Venice and Telluride, and after a private screening at the Royal York Hotel last night Goldwyn, IFC, Magnolia and Sony Pictures Classics and Music Box went after it. Goldwyn took it around 4 AM. Pic was repped by Submarine’s Josh Braun.
First Toronto Sale: Samuel Goldwyn Nabs Doc 'Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Will Bollywood Star Salman Khan’s Guilty Verdict In Fatal Hit & Run Impact Industry?
- IATSE and AMPTP Reach Three-Year Area Standards Deal
- 6;Arctic Justice: Thunder Squad’ Sets Big-Name Voice Cast; ARC Gets ‘Freedom'; Rialto Releasing Restored ‘The Third Man…
- ‘Monster Trucks’ From Paramount Pushed For The Second Time, Now Out of 2015
- Spider-Man Movie: Sony & Marvel Spin Web Of Directors For New Franchise
- UFO Tale ‘The Phoenix Incident’ Lands At XLrator