BREAKING: The first deal of this year’s Toronto Film Festival he goes to Samuel Goldwyn, which acquired the doc Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel. Goldwyn acquired North American rights and will put the film out theatrically in at least 20 markets. The film was directed by Lisa Immordino Vreeland, wife of the late fashion magnate’s grandson. It got strong reaction in Venice and Telluride, and after a private screening at the Royal York Hotel last night Goldwyn, IFC, Magnolia and Sony Pictures Classics and Music Box went after it. Goldwyn took it around 4 AM. Pic was repped by Submarine’s Josh Braun.
First Toronto Sale: Samuel Goldwyn Nabs Doc 'Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’
- CBS Films Sets Boston Marathon Bombing Pic ‘Patriots’ Day'; Mark Wahlberg Eyes Police Commish Ed Davis Role