Are you a big-name executive capable of cultivating relationships and striking deals with the film and music industries? If you are, Facebook wants you, according to a report from Reuters. The social media titan wants to make media a major part of its offerings. It talked with former MySpace co-president and former MTV exec Jason Hirschhorn about a job heading the company’s outreach to media companies, the report says, but a deal was not reached. Facebook has made some recent inroads with Hollywood: COO Sheryl Sandberg joined Disney’s board of directors in 2009, and Netflix CEO Reed Hastings took a seat on Facebook’s board in June. Jim Breyer of Accel Partners, Facebook’s largest outside investor, last month was nominated to the News Corp board. He sits on the Legendary Pictures board and was a director at Marvel before Disney bought it. Facebook has also cut deals to offer films from Warner Bros and Universal for streaming. And it should have some money to throw at the new hire: Facebook will generate $4.2B in revenue this year, more than double the $2B it made in 2010, according to research firm EMarketer Inc.
Facebook: Help Wanted With Hollywood
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M But ‘Mechanic’ Puts Wrench Into China Perf; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ Advance – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency