Are you a big-name executive capable of cultivating relationships and striking deals with the film and music industries? If you are, Facebook wants you, according to a report from Reuters. The social media titan wants to make media a major part of its offerings. It talked with former MySpace co-president and former MTV exec Jason Hirschhorn about a job heading the company’s outreach to media companies, the report says, but a deal was not reached. Facebook has made some recent inroads with Hollywood: COO Sheryl Sandberg joined Disney’s board of directors in 2009, and Netflix CEO Reed Hastings took a seat on Facebook’s board in June. Jim Breyer of Accel Partners, Facebook’s largest outside investor, last month was nominated to the News Corp board. He sits on the Legendary Pictures board and was a director at Marvel before Disney bought it. Facebook has also cut deals to offer films from Warner Bros and Universal for streaming. And it should have some money to throw at the new hire: Facebook will generate $4.2B in revenue this year, more than double the $2B it made in 2010, according to research firm EMarketer Inc.
Facebook: Help Wanted With Hollywood
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'