After The Expendables turned in a surprisingly strong $275 million worldwide gross, many have wondered what they would do for an encore. How’s this? Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis have just closed deals to take “substantial” roles in The Expendables 2, alongside Sylvester Stallone. This has been rumored as possible, and it basically answers the hopes of a lot of fans who weren’t satisfied when action icons Schwarzenegger and Willis turned in cameos in the original, and poked fun at the days when they were the world’s top action stars. Stallone directed the first one but stepped out and the job went to Simon West. Filming will begin in October, and Lionsgate will once again release the Millennium Films-produced actioner. Schwarzenegger and Willis are repped by CAA. Schwarzenegger is already working for Lionsgate in the Jee-Won Kim-directed action film Last Stand. Willis will squeeze in the role before going off to Russia to reprise his John McLane role in Die Hard 5, which just landed John Moore as director at Fox, and then he will make a sequel to Red. Aside from Stallone, original cast members Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Terry Crews and Jet Li are expected to return, and there is buzz about Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme. Do we need to start a petition for Jeff Speakman?
'Expendables 2' Sets Action Dream Trio: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis Join Sly Stallone
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; ‘Operation Red Sea’ Rises In China – International…
- 'Operation Red Sea' Tops Newcomers; 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $55M – Specialty Box Office
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To…