After The Expendables turned in a surprisingly strong $275 million worldwide gross, many have wondered what they would do for an encore. How’s this? Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis have just closed deals to take “substantial” roles in The Expendables 2, alongside Sylvester Stallone. This has been rumored as possible, and it basically answers the hopes of a lot of fans who weren’t satisfied when action icons Schwarzenegger and Willis turned in cameos in the original, and poked fun at the days when they were the world’s top action stars. Stallone directed the first one but stepped out and the job went to Simon West. Filming will begin in October, and Lionsgate will once again release the Millennium Films-produced actioner. Schwarzenegger and Willis are repped by CAA. Schwarzenegger is already working for Lionsgate in the Jee-Won Kim-directed action film Last Stand. Willis will squeeze in the role before going off to Russia to reprise his John McLane role in Die Hard 5, which just landed John Moore as director at Fox, and then he will make a sequel to Red. Aside from Stallone, original cast members Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Terry Crews and Jet Li are expected to return, and there is buzz about Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme. Do we need to start a petition for Jeff Speakman?
'Expendables 2' Sets Action Dream Trio: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis Join Sly Stallone
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Why Nobody Chased ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’: Memorial Day Box Office Postmortem
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast