Indie studio Entertainment One and Virgin Produced — the production unit of Richard Branson’s Virgin Group — have signed a two-year, first-look development deal in which eOne will have exclusive rights to all scripted TV development at Virgin Produced, which has been ramping up with deals since forming 11 months ago as a joint venture with Relativity Media under the leadership of CEO Jason Felts and chief creative officer Justin Berfield; the development, packaging and producing division already has a first-look deal with E! Entertainment for nonscripted TV development. The deal adds to EOne’s stable of content creators, which this year has netted NBC’s upcoming The Firm, ABC’s Rookie Blue, Syfy’s Haven, HBO’s Hung and AMC’s upoming Hell on Wheels.
Entertainment One Inks Development Deal With Richard Branson's Virgin Produced
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Nathan Fillion Takes Leaf Out Of Joss Whedon Playbook For eOne’s ABC Cop Drama ‘The Rookie’
- ‘Whiskey Cavalier’: Ana Ortiz To Co-Star In ABC Pilot
- ‘Convicting A Murderer’: Steven Avery Follow-Up In The Works By Documentary Filmmaker Shawn Rech
- ‘Tough Mudder’ Returns To CW & CW Seed
- Sky Italia Boards eOne’s ‘Gaddafi’ From ‘Gomorrah’ Creator Roberto Saviano
- Oprah Winfrey Shrugs Off Donald Trump’s Claim Of Insecurity & ’60 Minutes’ Bias