Indie studio Entertainment One and Virgin Produced — the production unit of Richard Branson’s Virgin Group — have signed a two-year, first-look development deal in which eOne will have exclusive rights to all scripted TV development at Virgin Produced, which has been ramping up with deals since forming 11 months ago as a joint venture with Relativity Media under the leadership of CEO Jason Felts and chief creative officer Justin Berfield; the development, packaging and producing division already has a first-look deal with E! Entertainment for nonscripted TV development. The deal adds to EOne’s stable of content creators, which this year has netted NBC’s upcoming The Firm, ABC’s Rookie Blue, Syfy’s Haven, HBO’s Hung and AMC’s upoming Hell on Wheels.
Entertainment One Inks Development Deal With Richard Branson's Virgin Produced
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble
- ‘Shark Tank’s Daymond John Inks With Gersh
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President