Indie studio Entertainment One and Virgin Produced — the production unit of Richard Branson’s Virgin Group — have signed a two-year, first-look development deal in which eOne will have exclusive rights to all scripted TV development at Virgin Produced, which has been ramping up with deals since forming 11 months ago as a joint venture with Relativity Media under the leadership of CEO Jason Felts and chief creative officer Justin Berfield; the development, packaging and producing division already has a first-look deal with E! Entertainment for nonscripted TV development. The deal adds to EOne’s stable of content creators, which this year has netted NBC’s upcoming The Firm, ABC’s Rookie Blue, Syfy’s Haven, HBO’s Hung and AMC’s upoming Hell on Wheels.
Entertainment One Inks Development Deal With Richard Branson's Virgin Produced
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"