Indie studio Entertainment One and Virgin Produced — the production unit of Richard Branson’s Virgin Group — have signed a two-year, first-look development deal in which eOne will have exclusive rights to all scripted TV development at Virgin Produced, which has been ramping up with deals since forming 11 months ago as a joint venture with Relativity Media under the leadership of CEO Jason Felts and chief creative officer Justin Berfield; the development, packaging and producing division already has a first-look deal with E! Entertainment for nonscripted TV development. The deal adds to EOne’s stable of content creators, which this year has netted NBC’s upcoming The Firm, ABC’s Rookie Blue, Syfy’s Haven, HBO’s Hung and AMC’s upoming Hell on Wheels.
Entertainment One Inks Development Deal With Richard Branson's Virgin Produced
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video