Disney XD has renewed its top-rated original series Kickin’ It for a second season. Since its June 2011 premiere, the martial arts-themed sitcom accounts for the network’s top three live-action telecasts in kids 6-14, kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14. In addition, the July 25 episode ranked as Disney XD’s No. 1 live-action telecast ever in the boys demos. Production on Season 2 will start in December for a 2012 premiere. Kickin’ It, which follows a crew of lovable misfits determined to beat the odds at the Bobby Wasabi Martial Arts Academy, is created and executive produced by sitcom veteran Jim O’Doherty.
Disney XD Renews 'Kickin' It' For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate