EXCLUSIVE: The Hard Times Of RJ Berger co-creator/executive producer David Katzenberg has been tapped to direct MTV’s half-hour comedy pilot Dumb Girls, from Awkward creator/executive producer Lauren Iungerich. The ensemble project, which will be produced in-house, revolves around a group of twentysomethings and recently cast Christine Evangelista, Xosha Roquemore, Josh Kelly and Nico Evers Swindell as its four leads. This is Katzenberg’s second pilot-directing gig at MTV. He also helmed the pilot for RJ Berger, which was canceled last month after two seasons. Katzenberg has an existing relationship with Iungerich and directed four episodes of her breakout MTV hit Awkward, which wraps its first season Tuesday.
David Katzenberg To Direct MTV's 'Dumb Girls' Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”