EXCLUSIVE: The Hard Times Of RJ Berger co-creator/executive producer David Katzenberg has been tapped to direct MTV’s half-hour comedy pilot Dumb Girls, from Awkward creator/executive producer Lauren Iungerich. The ensemble project, which will be produced in-house, revolves around a group of twentysomethings and recently cast Christine Evangelista, Xosha Roquemore, Josh Kelly and Nico Evers Swindell as its four leads. This is Katzenberg’s second pilot-directing gig at MTV. He also helmed the pilot for RJ Berger, which was canceled last month after two seasons. Katzenberg has an existing relationship with Iungerich and directed four episodes of her breakout MTV hit Awkward, which wraps its first season Tuesday.
David Katzenberg To Direct MTV's 'Dumb Girls' Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders