EXCLUSIVE: The Hard Times Of RJ Berger co-creator/executive producer David Katzenberg has been tapped to direct MTV’s half-hour comedy pilot Dumb Girls, from Awkward creator/executive producer Lauren Iungerich. The ensemble project, which will be produced in-house, revolves around a group of twentysomethings and recently cast Christine Evangelista, Xosha Roquemore, Josh Kelly and Nico Evers Swindell as its four leads. This is Katzenberg’s second pilot-directing gig at MTV. He also helmed the pilot for RJ Berger, which was canceled last month after two seasons. Katzenberg has an existing relationship with Iungerich and directed four episodes of her breakout MTV hit Awkward, which wraps its first season Tuesday.
David Katzenberg To Direct MTV's 'Dumb Girls' Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Emily Kinney Joins ABC’s ‘Conviction’
- ‘Talking Saul’ To Follow ‘Better Call Saul’s Premiere And Season Finale On AMC
- ‘Scandal’ Ratings Return Down, ‘Shades Of Blue’ Even & ‘Big Bang Theory’ Up
- ‘Roadies’ Trailer: Cameron Crowe’s Showtime Series About Rock Laborers Gets June Premiere Date
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth