A second Beauty and the Beast project is entering the fray this development season, this time based on the cult 1980s series starring Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman, our sister site TVLine reports. CBS has the rights to the original series, and a Beauty and the Beast reboot was the first new project new CW president Mark Pedowitz and CBS TV Studios president David Stapf discussed after Pedowitz took the reins of the network in late spring. Described as modern day romantic love story with a procedural twist, the new Beauty and the Beast will be written by Jennifer Levin (Without A Trace) and Sherri Cooper (Brothers and Sisters), who will executive produce with the creator of the original series Ron Koslow, Paul Junger Witt and Tony Thomas’ Witt/Thomas Prods., which co-produced the 1980s series, and Bill Haber. The other Beauty and the Beast drama project in development for next season, which is set at ABC, is a re-imagening of the the public domain French classic fairy tale.
CW To Reboot 1980s 'Beauty And The Beast'
What's Hot on Deadline
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. — Sunday AM
Cannes: 'The Square' Takes Palme D'Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix & Diane Kruger
How Lynne Ramsay Got Over 'Jane Got A Gun' & Embraced Joaquin Phoenix Noir 'You Were Never Really Here' - Cannes
With 'Empire' And 'Star,' Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized — Deadline Disruptors
Latest TV News
- Leah Remini Is The Thorn In Scientology’s Side — Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Comes Home, Fires Up Twitter, Rips Media & New Normal Resumes
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized…
- A-Rod Signs With ABC News, Expanding TV Presence Beyond Sports
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Gets ‘Bachelor’ Bashed By California Lt. Governor Over Paris Accord