A second Beauty and the Beast project is entering the fray this development season, this time based on the cult 1980s series starring Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman, our sister site TVLine reports. CBS has the rights to the original series, and a Beauty and the Beast reboot was the first new project new CW president Mark Pedowitz and CBS TV Studios president David Stapf discussed after Pedowitz took the reins of the network in late spring. Described as modern day romantic love story with a procedural twist, the new Beauty and the Beast will be written by Jennifer Levin (Without A Trace) and Sherri Cooper (Brothers and Sisters), who will executive produce with the creator of the original series Ron Koslow, Paul Junger Witt and Tony Thomas’ Witt/Thomas Prods., which co-produced the 1980s series, and Bill Haber. The other Beauty and the Beast drama project in development for next season, which is set at ABC, is a re-imagening of the the public domain French classic fairy tale.
CW To Reboot 1980s 'Beauty And The Beast'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veteran ‘Criminal Minds’, Comedies 'Life In Pieces' & ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
'The Equalizer 2' Trailer: Denzel Washington Returns As Justice-Seeker In Antoine Fuqua Action Thriller
Latest TV News
- ‘Scandal,’ Washington D.C.’s OTHER Fever Dream, Comes To An End
- ‘Scandal’ Family of Actors, Writers, Producers React To Series Finale
- NFL 2018 Schedule Is Out: Check Out The Primetime Games, Thanksgiving & More
- Stuntman Injured By SUV Driven By Tom Sizemore On ‘Shooter’ Set Settles Lawsuit
- Why Antonio Banderas Was Reluctant To Portray Iconic Painter For ‘Genius: Picasso’ — Tribeca Studio
- Amazon Developing ‘Transhuman’ & ‘East Of West’ Genre Series From Comic Book Creator Jonathan Hickman…