How I Met Your Mother co-creators/executive producers Carter Bays & Craig Thomas have teamed with fellow HIMYM executive producer Chris Harris for a single-camera comedy project that landed at Fox with a put pilot commitment after a bidding war. Titled The Goodwin Games, the comedy revolves around three siblings who reconnect after the death of their father. 20th Century Fox TV, where Bays, Thomas and Harris are under deals, is producing, with Bays, Thomas and Harris executive producing. This is Bays and Thomas’ second stab at development since the launch of their CBS hit How I Met Your Mother. Two years ago, they also teamed with HIMYM writer-producers, Kourtney Kang and Joe Kelly, to co-write multi-camera comedy Livin’ on a Prayer, which went to pilot at CBS but missed the cut to series. HIMYM is off to a red-hot start this season. It premiered with a 4.3/17 in 18-49 at 8 PM last Monday, up a whopping 31% from last fall, a surge rarely seen for a series in its seventh season. A second HIMYM episode at 8:30 PM rose even further to a 5.2/13. Bays and Thomas are with UTA, Harris is with CAA.
Comedy From 'How I Met Your Mother' Creators Gets Put Pilot Commitment At Fox
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'