How I Met Your Mother co-creators/executive producers Carter Bays & Craig Thomas have teamed with fellow HIMYM executive producer Chris Harris for a single-camera comedy project that landed at Fox with a put pilot commitment after a bidding war. Titled The Goodwin Games, the comedy revolves around three siblings who reconnect after the death of their father. 20th Century Fox TV, where Bays, Thomas and Harris are under deals, is producing, with Bays, Thomas and Harris executive producing. This is Bays and Thomas’ second stab at development since the launch of their CBS hit How I Met Your Mother. Two years ago, they also teamed with HIMYM writer-producers, Kourtney Kang and Joe Kelly, to co-write multi-camera comedy Livin’ on a Prayer, which went to pilot at CBS but missed the cut to series. HIMYM is off to a red-hot start this season. It premiered with a 4.3/17 in 18-49 at 8 PM last Monday, up a whopping 31% from last fall, a surge rarely seen for a series in its seventh season. A second HIMYM episode at 8:30 PM rose even further to a 5.2/13. Bays and Thomas are with UTA, Harris is with CAA.
Comedy From 'How I Met Your Mother' Creators Gets Put Pilot Commitment At Fox
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox