How I Met Your Mother co-creators/executive producers Carter Bays & Craig Thomas have teamed with fellow HIMYM executive producer Chris Harris for a single-camera comedy project that landed at Fox with a put pilot commitment after a bidding war. Titled The Goodwin Games, the comedy revolves around three siblings who reconnect after the death of their father. 20th Century Fox TV, where Bays, Thomas and Harris are under deals, is producing, with Bays, Thomas and Harris executive producing. This is Bays and Thomas’ second stab at development since the launch of their CBS hit How I Met Your Mother. Two years ago, they also teamed with HIMYM writer-producers, Kourtney Kang and Joe Kelly, to co-write multi-camera comedy Livin’ on a Prayer, which went to pilot at CBS but missed the cut to series. HIMYM is off to a red-hot start this season. It premiered with a 4.3/17 in 18-49 at 8 PM last Monday, up a whopping 31% from last fall, a surge rarely seen for a series in its seventh season. A second HIMYM episode at 8:30 PM rose even further to a 5.2/13. Bays and Thomas are with UTA, Harris is with CAA.
Comedy From 'How I Met Your Mother' Creators Gets Put Pilot Commitment At Fox
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race