Comcast just announced a noteworthy change to its board of directors. Johnathan Rodgers, who retired in July as CEO of TV One, joined today, replacing 10-year board member Decker Anstrom, Comcast says in an SEC filing. The one-time cable industry lobbyist and former chief of the Weather Channel left on Tuesday, the company says, “in order to satisfy other professional commitments that, among other things, will involve significant foreign travel.” (Comcast now controls NBCUniversal, which owns the Weather Channel.) Comcast says that Rodgers, like Anstrom, will be considered an “independent” director as defined by NASDAQ Global Select Market rules as well as the cable company’s corporate governance standards. But he has deep and long-standing ties to Comcast: The cable giant and Radio One co-own TV One, which Rodgers joined in 2003 after running Discovery Networks U.S. for six years and spending 20 years at CBS.
Comcast Adds Johnathan Rodgers To Its Board, Replacing Decker Anstrom
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest Film News
- BuzzFeed, Hulu Team For R. Kelly Feature Doc On History Of Alleged Abuse
- ‘The Sisters Brothers’ Trailer: First Look At Jacques Audiard’s Dark Comedy Western
- Guy Pearce-Kylie Minogue Comedy ‘Flammable Children’ Sells To UK, France, Italy, Spain, More
- Fox 2000 Sets Release Date For ‘The Hate U Give’
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Outlander’s Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony’s ‘Bloodshot’; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen…