EXCLUSIVE: Comedy’s red-hot selling season continues with another half-hour project landing a major commitment after a bidding war. In a competitive situation that went down to the wire between ABC and NBC, ABC just snagged How to Live With Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life, a multi-camera/hybrid comedy from Accidentally on Purpose creator Claudia Lonow, 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine Television. The project, which is in the mold of another 20th TV comedy, How I Met Your Mother — a multi-camera comedy that is shot without live audience and features more scenes than a regular sitcom — has received a put pilot commitment from the network. Based on Lonow’s own life, How to Live With Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life, which can certainly vie for the longest series title crown, is described as an outrageous comedy with lots of heart. It centers on a single mom who moves in with her parents to help raise her daughter. WME-repped Lonow is executive producing the project with Imagine TV’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo. This marks the second big comedy sale for Imagine/20th TV so far this season following the Sarah Silverman semi-autobiographical comedy, which also sparked a bidding war between NBC and ABC, ultimately landing at NBC.
Claudia Lonow Comedy From Imagine TV Lands At ABC With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins