EXCLUSIVE: Comedy’s red-hot selling season continues with another half-hour project landing a major commitment after a bidding war. In a competitive situation that went down to the wire between ABC and NBC, ABC just snagged How to Live With Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life, a multi-camera/hybrid comedy from Accidentally on Purpose creator Claudia Lonow, 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine Television. The project, which is in the mold of another 20th TV comedy, How I Met Your Mother – a multi-camera comedy that is shot without live audience and features more scenes than a regular sitcom — has received a put pilot commitment from the network. Based on Lonow’s own life, How to Live With Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life, which can certainly vie for the longest series title crown, is described as an outrageous comedy with lots of heart. It centers on a single mom who moves in with her parents to help raise her daughter. WME-repped Lonow is executive producing the project with Imagine TV’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo. This marks the second big comedy sale for Imagine/20th TV so far this season following the Sarah Silverman semi-autobiographical comedy, which also sparked a bidding war between NBC and ABC, ultimately landing at NBC.
Claudia Lonow Comedy From Imagine TV Lands At ABC With Put Pilot Commitment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'