Cinedigm announced today that it has formed Indie Direct, a full-service distribution and marketing platform for indie filmmakers and distributors that will allow producers the ability to manage all facets of digital distribution to be delivered via the company’s digital-cinema system. The suite offerings include booking software, content delivery, sales, distribution strategy, marketing planning and execution, and box office recoupment. The new service already has a couple of clients: ARC Entertainment and Seven Arts Pictures. ARC will release eight titles by year’s end, including its recent Sundance pickup Knuckle. Seven Arts will bow its The Pool Boys on Sept. 30. This is the latest move by Cinedigm to sharpen the company’s focus. During the past couple of months, it has sold off noncore assets in a play to become more of a content-delivery and software company, and Indie Direct falls into that plan.
Cinedigm Launches Distribution Tool For Indie Films
What's Hot on Deadline
'South Park's Donald Trump Argues That Vote For Hillary Clinton Is Vote Against New 'Star Wars' Movie
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- UK High Court Orders ISPs To Block 13 Piracy Websites
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Fights For Paramount’s Future –Part 1
- Doug Liman On The Challenges Of Shooting In The Virtual Reality Format
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’