Cinedigm announced today that it has formed Indie Direct, a full-service distribution and marketing platform for indie filmmakers and distributors that will allow producers the ability to manage all facets of digital distribution to be delivered via the company’s digital-cinema system. The suite offerings include booking software, content delivery, sales, distribution strategy, marketing planning and execution, and box office recoupment. The new service already has a couple of clients: ARC Entertainment and Seven Arts Pictures. ARC will release eight titles by year’s end, including its recent Sundance pickup Knuckle. Seven Arts will bow its The Pool Boys on Sept. 30. This is the latest move by Cinedigm to sharpen the company’s focus. During the past couple of months, it has sold off noncore assets in a play to become more of a content-delivery and software company, and Indie Direct falls into that plan.
Cinedigm Launches Distribution Tool For Indie Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Boss Ted Sarandos Talks Ratings, New Original Programming Spending Increase & 'Stranger Things' Renewal - TCA
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts