Cinedigm announced today that it has formed Indie Direct, a full-service distribution and marketing platform for indie filmmakers and distributors that will allow producers the ability to manage all facets of digital distribution to be delivered via the company’s digital-cinema system. The suite offerings include booking software, content delivery, sales, distribution strategy, marketing planning and execution, and box office recoupment. The new service already has a couple of clients: ARC Entertainment and Seven Arts Pictures. ARC will release eight titles by year’s end, including its recent Sundance pickup Knuckle. Seven Arts will bow its The Pool Boys on Sept. 30. This is the latest move by Cinedigm to sharpen the company’s focus. During the past couple of months, it has sold off noncore assets in a play to become more of a content-delivery and software company, and Indie Direct falls into that plan.
Cinedigm Launches Distribution Tool For Indie Films
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'