EXCLUSIVE: Chernin Entertainment is near a deal to acquire an untitled pitch by scribes Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless. Chernin Entertainment’s Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark will produce with Blind Wink’s Gore Verbinski and John Krauss. Chernin will buy it out of his discretionary fund, a mid- to high-six-figure deal for a pitch that sounds like a futuristic Jungle Book. It was competitive, as Disney also bid, with Verbinski and Basil Iwanyk attached to produce. Disney, of course, made both animated and live-action Jungle Book films, and Verbinski is working hard there to nail down a start date for The Lone Ranger after the film was unplugged by the studio over budget. Sazama and Sharpless scripted Dracula Year Zero, are teamed with Iwanyk on an untitled project at Summit; and are writing the script for live-action adaptation of the board game Clue, which Verbinski is developing as a potential directing project. That project was recently kicked loose by Universal and its development is being funded by Hasbro. ICM and manager Sophy Holodnik repped the writers.
Peter Chernin And Gore Verbinski Landing Futuristic Pitch
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update
- Emily Blunt Saddles Up For ‘My Little Pony’
- Michael Pena On #OscarsSoWhite – “Is It The Voting Body”? – Berlin
- Paramount Closing Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- George Clooney Sit-Down With Angela Merkel Puts Spotlight On Refugee Crisis – Berlin
- Competition Drama ‘Alone In Berlin’ Acquired By Altitude, Picturehouse In UK