EXCLUSIVE: Charlize Theron is in early talks to star in and produce Cities of Refuge, a crime thriller by Brandon Willer that has been optioned by Inferno Entertainment. She would play a female investigator brought in to solve a brutal murder and kidnapping in which things aren’t what they seem. The film is being produced by Benderspink and Tower Hill Productions, and if talks work out for her to star, she would also board the project as producer along with Beth Kono of Theron’s Denver & Delilah Films banner.
Charlize Theron Circles 'Cities Of Refuge'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest Film News
- NBC Announces Semi-Finalists For 12th Annual NBCUniversal Short Film Festival
- ‘Detroit’ Review: Kathryn Bigelow’s Unrelenting Drama Packs A Wallop But Is A Tough Sit
- New James Bond Movie Sets 2019 Release Date, But Not Much Else
- Fox Names Netflix & HBO Alum Pia Chaozon As SVP Worldwide Theatrical Marketing
- John Wells To Helm Vietnam Drama ‘Khe Sanh’
- John Hawkes, Jon Bernthal & Thomas Haden Church Board ‘The Peanut Butter Falcon’