EXCLUSIVE: British writer-producers Iain Morris and Damon Beesley, creators of the hit British series The Inbetweeners and writers of the hugely successful Inbetweeners feature, have signed with CAA. The Inbetweeners Movie, about four high school boys who are not the most cool and popular but not geeky enough to be branded uncool, has become the U.K.’s fastest-grossing live-action movie. Since its Aug. 17 release, the low-budget flick, which was made for under $5 million, has grossed more than $60 million at the British box office. Meanwhile, Morris and Beesley’s comedy series on E4 that spawned it is being remade in the U.S. by MTV. Morris and Beesley serve as executive producers on the adaptation, which has been picked up to series for a 2012 debut. Morris is directing episodes of the upcoming show, which is filming in Florida. Morris and Beesley continue to be with their U.K. agent Amanda Davies and their current U.S. representatives, manager Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment, who is executive producing MTV’s Inbetweeners with them, and attorney Jamie Mandelbaum. Kaplan repped Morris and Beesley when he was at WMA. The two had been without U.S. representation since leaving WME shortly after the WMA-Endeavor merger. The Inbetweeners crew has been sought after by U.S. agencies on the heels of the movie’s success. Ben Palmer, who directed the film as well as Seasons 2 and 3 of the original series, recently signed with WME in a competitive situation.
CAA Signs 'The Inbetweeners' Creators
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
Latest Film News
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Paramount Sets Release Dates For ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Action Point’ & ‘A Quiet Place…
- Amber Heard Attached To Star In ‘The Kind Worth Killing’
- No. 9 ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- No. 10 ‘Suicide Squad’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Lionsgate Teams With Roadside For Jake Gyllenhaal Boston Marathon Bombing Drama ‘Stronger’; September Bow Planned