EXCLUSIVE: CAA just signed Scott Cooper, who made his directorial debut with Crazy Heart, the film that won Jeff Bridges the Oscar for Best Actor. Cooper, who started an an actor before making the transition to filmmaker with his scripted adaptation of the Thomas Cobb novel, has several projects percolating. He’s attached to direct Out of the Furnace, his rewrite of the Brad Ingelsby revenge thriller spec script Low Dweller, which Leonardo DiCaprio and Ridley Scott will produce. Cooper is also attached to direct a Warner Bros adaptation of the S.C. Gwynne book Empire of the Summer Moon, about the rise and fall of the Commanche tribe. Cooper had been repped by ICM.
'Crazy Heart' Helmer Scott Cooper To CAA
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Homeland' Finale: 'Long Time Coming'
- Bart & Fleming: On…What Else? Sony Hack Attack
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance