EXCLUSIVE: CAA just signed Scott Cooper, who made his directorial debut with Crazy Heart, the film that won Jeff Bridges the Oscar for Best Actor. Cooper, who started an an actor before making the transition to filmmaker with his scripted adaptation of the Thomas Cobb novel, has several projects percolating. He’s attached to direct Out of the Furnace, his rewrite of the Brad Ingelsby revenge thriller spec script Low Dweller, which Leonardo DiCaprio and Ridley Scott will produce. Cooper is also attached to direct a Warner Bros adaptation of the S.C. Gwynne book Empire of the Summer Moon, about the rise and fall of the Commanche tribe. Cooper had been repped by ICM.
'Crazy Heart' Helmer Scott Cooper To CAA
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest Film News
- F. Gary Gray Expected To Direct ‘Furious 8’
- Petitioners Demand Apology For Theft Of Artifacts By ‘Maze Runner’ Cast
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, Will Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Karl Glusman Joins ‘Nocturnal Animals’
- ‘Furious 8’ Director Shortlist Down To Last Few