EXCLUSIVE: CAA earlier today closed a deal with Lionsgate to distribute the 2011 Toronto Film Festival Midnight Madness Award winner You’re Next. Now the agency has signed the film’s architects: Adam Wingard, who directed the film, and Simon Barrett, who wrote and produced one of the festival standouts. Lionsgate plans a release for fall 2012. Wingard and Barrett previously collaborated on A Horrible Way To Die, which premiered at 2010 Toronto. Wingard is managed by Generate’s Jeremy Platt. Both of them were without agents, with Wingard recently leaving Paradigm.
CAA Signs Adam Wingard And Simon Barrett, Creators Of Toronto Hit 'You're Next'
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Latest Film News
- ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Says Ahoy To $86.5M – Int’l Box Office Update
- Why ‘Pirates’ & ‘Baywatch’ Are Trudging Through Sand At The Domestic B.O. — Sat. AM Update
- ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ Expected To Cross $1B Tomorrow At Int’l Box Office
- TWC Schedules ‘Paddington 2’ For Wide Release
- Paramount Nudges ‘Sherlock Gnomes’ To Later Release Date
- Which Festival Debuts In The South Of France Might Travel All The Way To Oscar? — Cannes