EXCLUSIVE: CAA earlier today closed a deal with Lionsgate to distribute the 2011 Toronto Film Festival Midnight Madness Award winner You’re Next. Now the agency has signed the film’s architects: Adam Wingard, who directed the film, and Simon Barrett, who wrote and produced one of the festival standouts. Lionsgate plans a release for fall 2012. Wingard and Barrett previously collaborated on A Horrible Way To Die, which premiered at 2010 Toronto. Wingard is managed by Generate’s Jeremy Platt. Both of them were without agents, with Wingard recently leaving Paradigm.
CAA Signs Adam Wingard And Simon Barrett, Creators Of Toronto Hit 'You're Next'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Christian Bale Knee Injury Means ‘The Deep Blue Good-by’ Will Follow ‘Wolverine 3′
- The Joker Photo: First Official Look At Jared Leto’s ‘Suicide Squad’ Villain
- A24 Acquires ‘The Adderall Diaries’ In 2nd Tribeca Deal Of Day For Distrib
- ‘Iron Man’ Copyright Lawsuit Against Marvel Has Weak Links In Its Claims
- Fox Searchlight Sets Fall Release For ‘He Named Me Malala’, About Youngest Nobel Winner – Update
- Eric Idle: “We’re Funnier Than Scientology” – Monty Python Invades Tribeca Film Fest