EXCLUSIVE: CAA earlier today closed a deal with Lionsgate to distribute the 2011 Toronto Film Festival Midnight Madness Award winner You’re Next. Now the agency has signed the film’s architects: Adam Wingard, who directed the film, and Simon Barrett, who wrote and produced one of the festival standouts. Lionsgate plans a release for fall 2012. Wingard and Barrett previously collaborated on A Horrible Way To Die, which premiered at 2010 Toronto. Wingard is managed by Generate’s Jeremy Platt. Both of them were without agents, with Wingard recently leaving Paradigm.
CAA Signs Adam Wingard And Simon Barrett, Creators Of Toronto Hit 'You're Next'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Southpaw’ Screening Pumped Up By Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux – Cannes
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger