EXCLUSIVE: CAA earlier today closed a deal with Lionsgate to distribute the 2011 Toronto Film Festival Midnight Madness Award winner You’re Next. Now the agency has signed the film’s architects: Adam Wingard, who directed the film, and Simon Barrett, who wrote and produced one of the festival standouts. Lionsgate plans a release for fall 2012. Wingard and Barrett previously collaborated on A Horrible Way To Die, which premiered at 2010 Toronto. Wingard is managed by Generate’s Jeremy Platt. Both of them were without agents, with Wingard recently leaving Paradigm.
CAA Signs Adam Wingard And Simon Barrett, Creators Of Toronto Hit 'You're Next'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Fleming Jr
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'