EXCLUSIVE: CAA earlier today closed a deal with Lionsgate to distribute the 2011 Toronto Film Festival Midnight Madness Award winner You’re Next. Now the agency has signed the film’s architects: Adam Wingard, who directed the film, and Simon Barrett, who wrote and produced one of the festival standouts. Lionsgate plans a release for fall 2012. Wingard and Barrett previously collaborated on A Horrible Way To Die, which premiered at 2010 Toronto. Wingard is managed by Generate’s Jeremy Platt. Both of them were without agents, with Wingard recently leaving Paradigm.
CAA Signs Adam Wingard And Simon Barrett, Creators Of Toronto Hit 'You're Next'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Angry Birds’ Helmer Clay Kaytis Aligned With Amblin’s ‘The Lunch Witch’
- Nancy Travis Cast In ‘Bernard And Huey’; Jonathan Baker To Co-Star In ‘Inconceivable’
- Justin Lin Picked To Steer ‘Hot Wheels’
- Ilene Chaiken, Betsy Beers & More Set For Women In Entertainment Summit
- Roy Orbison Biopic In Works; Ray Gideon & Bruce Evans To Write Script
- ‘Denial’ Review: Rachel Weisz Stars In Powerful True Story Of Demagogue’s Libel Trial That Has Eerie Echoes…