EXCLUSIVE: CAA earlier today closed a deal with Lionsgate to distribute the 2011 Toronto Film Festival Midnight Madness Award winner You’re Next. Now the agency has signed the film’s architects: Adam Wingard, who directed the film, and Simon Barrett, who wrote and produced one of the festival standouts. Lionsgate plans a release for fall 2012. Wingard and Barrett previously collaborated on A Horrible Way To Die, which premiered at 2010 Toronto. Wingard is managed by Generate’s Jeremy Platt. Both of them were without agents, with Wingard recently leaving Paradigm.
CAA Signs Adam Wingard And Simon Barrett, Creators Of Toronto Hit 'You're Next'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest Film News
- Peter Bart: Tech Titans Aim To Disrupt Ad Biz Right Before Our Eyes
- Bleiberg Joins BB Film To Produce Nate Parker Script ‘Predilection’ – Cannes
- ‘The Dark Tower’ Looking To Add Sundance Star Michael Barbieri To Cast
- Paul Rudd Set To Star As Moe Berg In Fact-Based WWII Tale ‘The Catcher Was A Spy’
- RADiUS PR Exec Liza Burnett Fefferman To Top Communications Post At VH1 & Logo
- ‘Southside With You’ Trailer: The Obamas’ First Date Goes Pretty Well