EXCLUSIVE: Syfy’s drama Alphas is heading into Season 2 with a new showrunner. Bruce Miller has joined the series starring David Strathairn as executive producer/showrunner. He replaces Ira Steven Behr, who is departing after running the series in its first season. Alphas, from BermanBraun, Universal Cable Prods and co-creators Zak Penn and Michael Karnow, follows a team of ordinary citizens who possess extraordinary and unusual mental skills. It was renewed for a second season earlier this month. Miller will serve as an executive producer on the show alongside Penn and BermanBraun’s Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun and Gene Stein. Karnow serves as co-executive producer. The gig extends Miller’s relationship with Syfy. He most recently served as an executive producer/showrunner on the network’s series Eureka, which wrapped production on its fifth and final season last month. ICM-repped Miller’s series credits also includes ER, Medium and 4400.
Bruce Miller Joins Syfy Series 'Alphas' As New Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- Netflix Fires Executive For “Careless” Remarks On Danny Masterson Allegations
- Fox Developing Soap From ‘No Good Deed’ Writer & Chernin Entertainment
- ‘Lady In The Mask’ Psychological Thriller Drama From Amblin TV Set At the CW
- Shelter PR Launches Film & TV Division With Hire Of Former Paramount Exec
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: Colin Jost & Michael Che Named Co-Head Writers Of NBC Show
- Donald Trump Looks Like A Real Winner If Disney & Fox Deal Gets Done