EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that Dexter star Michael C. Hall is negotiating to play the lead in Big Fish on Broadway next year. Bruce Cohen and Dan Jinks, who produced the Tim Burton-directed film, are producing the musical stage adaptation. Susan Stroman (The Scottsboro Boys) is directing and Andrew Lippa (The Addams Family) wrote the music. John August wrote the book for the musical, based on his movie script from the novel by Daniel Wallace. It is expected to be quite the stage event. The part was originally written for Hugh Jackman, but his movie schedule got in the way and the producers turned to Hall. Before he became TV’s best-known serial killer by merit of the Showtime series, Hall performed in numerous musicals that include Cabaret and Chicago, so he’s certainly got the chops to play Edward Bloom, the man who filled his son’s head with so many unbelievable adventures that occurred during the course of his life. Ewan McGregor and Albert Finney played that role in the movie.
Broadway Reels In 'Big Fish' As 'Dexter's Michael C. Hall Is Signing For Musical
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update
- Cannes Film Festival Winners 2015 – Live
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Bows With $26.7M Overseas, ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Gains $15.2M
- Aishwarya Rai On Return To Film With ‘Jazbaa’ Helmer Sanjay Gupta – Video
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes