Bobby Cannavale, a great New York actor, has landed an iconic New York role. The two-time Tony nominee will star as Nick Arnstein in the revival of Funny Girl, opposite Lauren Ambrose as Fanny Brice. This is the first time back for the musical since the original Broadway production, which featured music by Jule Styne, lyrics by Bob Merrill and book by Isobel Lennart and closed after a three-year run in 1967. Bartlett Sher will direct the update, which is set for a run Jan. 15-Feb. 26, 2012, at Center Theatre Group/Ahmanson Theatre in L.A. This will be the first shot at a musical for Cannavale, a film and TV veteran who made his Broadway debut it 2007 in Theresa Rebeck’s Mauritius and recently starred in Stephen Adly Guirgis’ The Motherf**ker With the Hat, earning Tony noms for both. He’s repped by ICM.
Bobby Cannavale Lands Lead In Revival Of 'Funny Girl'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation
- Michael Stuhlbarg Joins Steve Jobs Pic
- North Korea-Based Thriller With Gore Verbinski And Steve Carell Canceled
- Sony Scraps TV Advertising On 'The Interview'