HBO’s Prohibition-era drama Boardwalk Empire opened its second season with 2.9 million viewers. That was down 40% from Boardwalk Empire‘s series debut last September, when it posted HBO’s largest series premiere audience in six years. There was a mitigating factor: the series premiere ran on the Sunday before the broadcast premiere week, while the Season 2 opener aired on Premiere Week Sunday, facing stiffer competition. (Boardwalk Empire‘s first season finale drew 3.3 million in its original airing). Including two additional plays at 10 PM and 11 PM, Boardwalk Empire‘s Season 2 premiere averaged 4.5 million viewers.
'Boardwalk Empire' Season Premiere Down
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios