HBO’s Prohibition-era drama Boardwalk Empire opened its second season with 2.9 million viewers. That was down 40% from Boardwalk Empire‘s series debut last September, when it posted HBO’s largest series premiere audience in six years. There was a mitigating factor: the series premiere ran on the Sunday before the broadcast premiere week, while the Season 2 opener aired on Premiere Week Sunday, facing stiffer competition. (Boardwalk Empire‘s first season finale drew 3.3 million in its original airing). Including two additional plays at 10 PM and 11 PM, Boardwalk Empire‘s Season 2 premiere averaged 4.5 million viewers.
'Boardwalk Empire' Season Premiere Down
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings and Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’
- Anika Noni Rose To Topline 'For Justice' CBS Civil Rights Pilot Directed By Ava DuVernay
- ‘Tosh.0′ Sold To Fox Stations In Syndication Deal With Debmar-Mercury