HBO’s Prohibition-era drama Boardwalk Empire opened its second season with 2.9 million viewers. That was down 40% from Boardwalk Empire‘s series debut last September, when it posted HBO’s largest series premiere audience in six years. There was a mitigating factor: the series premiere ran on the Sunday before the broadcast premiere week, while the Season 2 opener aired on Premiere Week Sunday, facing stiffer competition. (Boardwalk Empire‘s first season finale drew 3.3 million in its original airing). Including two additional plays at 10 PM and 11 PM, Boardwalk Empire‘s Season 2 premiere averaged 4.5 million viewers.
'Boardwalk Empire' Season Premiere Down
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres